cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lesliex

Day 4. Attitude Change

I couldn't sleep last night. This going to bed at 7:30 to get through the day faster is stopping tonight. I'm going to bed at 11:00 like I did before I quit. Last night when I woke up at 2:00 because I had enough sleep, I started reading Allen Carr's book. I'm about 3/4 through. He hasn't convinced me to give up my patches. I'm still firmly in the Nicoderm program camp and have every intention to follow it to the letter. What he has convinced me of is that I should be celebrating and feel extremely happy, not feeling as though someone has died or something. He actually made me feel happy about quitting. I have felt happy all day. It's the first day that I felt like myself since I started this journey. Allen Carr definately got me to change my attitude and consequently, I had a much better day.

Thanks so much people on this site for recommending this book. It has been very helpful. I will finish it tonight while I stay up until regular time!! Day 4 and counting...

11 Replies
maryfreecig

Turn arounds for the better are awesome!

0 Kudos
josnyder72

Congratulations on Day 4! You are doing AWESOME!!! Keep up the positive attitude, it definitely helps!!!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

The book also helped me change my way of thinking but like you I chose to use the patch - and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  Welcome to your new attitude - I luv it!

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I use the patch too, I couldn't handle cold turkey for 5 hours let alone 3 plus days.

Glad your attitude is better!

Connie

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

SO glad you read the Carr book - we don't expect folks to necessarily follow his program.  I can tell you that, most of the time, I can tell which newly quit person has read it and who hasn't.  It really DOES put it in a positive perspective

On to Day FIVE!

Nancy

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 4 days.  Your attitude is what will keep you going.  Good job.  It only gets better.  You have to go through to get to the prize.  Game On!  You can do this!

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on your 4 glorious smoke free days, keep moving forward and stacking up your precious DOF and hang onto your positive attitude because it'll help get you through the rough patches. 

0 Kudos
Strudel

Yay - so glad you are reading the book! Congrats to you on 4 days! Great attitude = great quit!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

That is what I really liked about his book too !!! A change in mind set is definitely a big game changer ! I used the patch Cold turkey was not for me ....been there done that ! Many Ex'ers have done it and swear by it but to each his own .

I firmly believe one's attitude and commitment is the key to a great beginning and with the support on this site one is sure to succeed !

0 Kudos