cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

943 Days and my quit still isn’t perfect.

Life goes on, we have a hurricane about to hit Texas.  I have family members in Houston and San Antonio, and whatever else that comes my way.  So what do I do?   Breathe a little deeper.  Perch my lips like a fish.  Be mindful that "I don’t do that anymore”.  No EXcuses to smoke.  I could pace the floor but that may not help my urges subside.  So I am back to having to take one day at a time AGAIN.  I know that this is for a short moment and it will pass.  I do have my EX to come to blog, read blogs, interact,  take out my tool kit and be prepared.  Water was always by my side.  So I'll make sure I have some. Staying busy always worked. So I'll get busy.  So folks no matter where you are in your quit,  life happens and you have to remain determined, committed, trust/believe and work your quit NOPE no matter what.!

My name is Jackie and I am a nonsmoker.  No smoking here, Oh No.  Breathe. This will pass. I can now tell myself to hang tough, stay close,  be mindful, never give in and never give up.  PROTECT my quit. Peace out. 

34 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are not alone!  When life throws us difficulties, our old "friend", I think, will always come to mind.  When you are hurting and can't get moving like you want to work on the stress, it makes life's challenges more challenging. 

I will keep you and those in the hurricane's path in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

MarilynH

I'm also keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers that are in the path of this hurricane that they'll be safe! 

elvan

Breathe...slowly...in and out...PRAY.  Pray for all of the people in the path of this monster storm.  

I am sending you a virtual hug, ((((Lady J))))....hope you get it.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks

0 Kudos
Christine13

Jackie, many prayers for you and your family that you are safe when the hurricane hits.  So sorry this is happening.

Stay strong.

0 Kudos
c2q

We used to live in Corpus Christi, and we have many friends still there. Taking a clue from Nullah, I am singing them as safe as I can, as well as all of my EX family that may be in Harvey's path. You are all in my heart.

c2q

And you, Jackie - I have my virtual arms around you. I had one of those "what the ..." urges last fall. If I had not had this site to rush home to, I'm not sure how I would have kept my quit. You are a major inspiration to me and to many here. Thanks for doing what it takes to keep your quit.

I'd like to say "ix-nay on the ama-dray" around here, but none of us can take control of anything more than our own actions. I'm just gonna keep singing.

JACKIE1-25-15

I love your wisdom.  I learn so much from you and life is a lesson.  Sometimes I get tired of the homework.  I could figure out the the ix nay.  got the drama.  Go figure.  I am okay.  Life continues no matter what NOPE, no matter what.  I will sing along with you. 

bonniebee

I still have my moments too  we both smoked for many years Jackie 52 for me you must be about the same that is a long time with the addiction and habit being ingrained into our brains and bodies ! I expect I will have my moments many times into the future but we have Ex and I have a wise buddy like you ! II never want to go back to day one and I never want to hear my lungs wheezing the way they were !

I am praying for your people in Texas and all of them in that area Have you heard any word from them ?