cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Private Message - Groups

In case you are unaware of this:   If you begin a personal message to someone here and add people onto it by clicking on the "people" icon on the far right side, all those who are included in this "personal message" will be able to read everybody else's responses.  The minute you "add" another person in, it's no longer a "private message" between just the two of you.  Any and all messages/responses then become part of and visible by the group at large.  

Tags (1)
10 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is correct.  It's just a group private message then. It still is not visible to anyone on the site. Just the people who are on the "list".

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

You can add people to a private message after the message thread has started.  I can't remember off hand however if it allows you to see the whole discussion prior to that point or only from that point on.

Here's what you see from the inbox.  3 People in this group message and option to add more...

pastedImage_1.png

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Yeah YoungAtHeart‌......and it's not a "special group party", it's an orgy!!

(Sorry, had to do it)

Oh,dear...........................................................................................................................................................................................

0 Kudos

Is this happening to you Giulia?  I mean the adding people to the thread after the fact - not the group party orgy thing - 

No, it's not.  But recently someone offered their email address to a handful of us in a private group message and one person responded back with theirs.  I just wanted it to be clear that when the member responded with their email address in exchange - the rest of us were also able to see it.  Someone might be happy to give out such information to the initiator of the private message, but not necessarily to the entire group at large.  

I do understand how that could happen.  I was just curious if it was becoming a problem.  I have seen people (not recently) put too much information on their profile page.  I do warn them if I see that happening.  You can really find out a lot about a person these days on the internet with very little information.  It is wise to be careful.  

Giulia

Excellent example of internet safety.  Always consider your audience before sharing personal information.  

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team