cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarilynH

Is anyone else being moderated constantly?

Jump to solution

Wow I just got the notification that several of my comments were approved by the moderator, I actually knew that one was being moderated but not the rest, wow I find this irritating but I won't smoke over it and hopefully it'll be fixed soon! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thomas3.20.2010 wrote:

I am being moderated frequently on items of unquestionable acceptableness. Not stressing...

The artificial intelligence is thinking your content might be spam. It's not that the content is unacceptable. Actually there is a lot of "acceptable" spam that is actually solicitation or blackhat crosslinking. Don't take any offense to it.  We're letting everything valid through and keeping the actual spam from showing up on the site.  If we just turned everything off and let anyone post without the tools in place we'd see a repeat of April 11/12th.

YoungAtHeart wrote:

The algorithm they are using has no relation to the words that are used.  I think it is totally random - like every five hundredth keystroke in a day or something???????????

Don't feel singled out for what you write - it's machine language which has no relation to reality!

Nancy

Definitely not random. There are specific reasons that something is flagged as spam.  Uncovering the reason can be a challenging onion to peel. Sometimes a post is flagged for one reason and other times for multiple reasons.  Because we're seeing a number of false positives it could be a conflict of different algorithms.  We're looking to get it fixed as fast as we can.

MarilynH wrote:

I just find it irritating Thomas especially if someone is struggling and you post a comment hoping to help the person right then not possibly hours later when it might not make any sense and it's not quite as irritating if you know right then it's being moderated but lately it's after its been approved but I'm not stressing just curious! Thomas3.20.2010

I'm trying to get posts approved as fast as possible.

If you reply right in the blog/discussion/question then you should see a note right after you post.  If you are in the Inbox and are replying you will not likely see the notification until after the content is improved as the inbox is a quick way to respond to multiple things and is not as feature-rich as when you are posting in the actual post.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Diannnnn

Nothing on my end, but I haven't posted much this morning.

0 Kudos

I wrote this about 35 minutes ago.

0 Kudos

I am being moderated frequently on items of unquestionable acceptableness. Not stressing...

0 Kudos

I just find it irritating Thomas especially if someone is struggling and you post a comment hoping to help the person right then not possibly hours later when it might not make any sense and it's not quite as irritating if you know right then it's being moderated but lately it's after its been approved but I'm not stressing just curious! Thomas3.20.2010

Thomas3.20.2010 wrote:

The artificial intelligence is thinking your content might be spam. It's not that the content is unacceptable. Actually there is a lot of "acceptable" spam that is actually solicitation or blackhat crosslinking. Don't take any offense to it.  We're letting everything valid through and keeping the actual spam from showing up on the site.  If we just turned everything off and let anyone post without the tools in place we'd see a repeat of April 11/12th.

YoungAtHeart wrote:

The algorithm they are using has no relation to the words that are used.  I think it is totally random - like every five hundredth keystroke in a day or something???????????

Don't feel singled out for what you write - it's machine language which has no relation to reality!

Nancy

Definitely not random. There are specific reasons that something is flagged as spam.  Uncovering the reason can be a challenging onion to peel. Sometimes a post is flagged for one reason and other times for multiple reasons.  Because we're seeing a number of false positives it could be a conflict of different algorithms.  We're looking to get it fixed as fast as we can.

MarilynH wrote:

I'm trying to get posts approved as fast as possible.

If you reply right in the blog/discussion/question then you should see a note right after you post.  If you are in the Inbox and are replying you will not likely see the notification until after the content is improved as the inbox is a quick way to respond to multiple things and is not as feature-rich as when you are posting in the actual post.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Nancy

Diannnnn

Hey Nancy, I got moderated again this morning!  ;o)

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

I bet it is like Nancy said.....sexual innuendo doesn't seem to trigger it.

0 Kudos

If it DID, I would be moderated ALL the time (not that there's anything WRONG with that!!!)

tee-hee