abcsara

10 Days!!

Discussion created by abcsara on Aug 18, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2017 by tlajbenn

10 days without a puff....feeling physically so much better already.  Emotionally/mentally still have some rough moments, but I'm reminding myself that I'm not "giving up" anything, there is ZERO benefit from smoking, and I'm actually taking my life back.  It really helps me to reframe that thinking, I'm not feeling deprived, I'm feeling empowered.  Unfortunately, I'm getting very little support from my family, especially my daughter.  She has been mocking me this week when I've asked for some extra patience and understanding, "Oh, you're quitting again?  Big deal, why should I have to baby you?"  Sigh  Made me sad that she feels that way, but I can't change her thoughts or actions, I can only control mine.  So, I put on my headphones and went for a long walk, avoided getting angry with her attitude, and more importantly, avoided giving in and buying smokes!!  Yay!  I know stress will always be there, and I have to find new and better ways to deal with it, and walking and listening to music is working well for me right now.  So, one day at a time, one situation at a time, one thought at a time, one craving at a time I will remain smoke free! 

Outcomes