cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

BrianE

Nasal Spray

I quit on my quit date 8-5-17. I used the nasal spray and all I did was sneeze it was like spraying black pepper up my nose so I relapsed. I am quitting again today. Should I continue w/nasal spray?  It says you get used too the side effects after a week. Please don't give up on me.  I need the support of this group to help me get through this. Brian.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Totally up to you!  You might go online and look up the spray and see what other users might have said in reviews.  That might tell you if the reaction goes away.

I am a bit surprised that a sneezing fit caused you to change your mind about quitting smoking, though. You probably did get a dose of nicotine from the spray. This is not easy, and you have to be 100% committed to be successful.  Please get your mind in a place where you accept and decide that you will never smoke another cigarette NO MATTER WHAT!  Maybe it would help if you write down the good reasons you are quitting, and then  the good  reasons for not.  I think the "not" list will be empty!  Read it over and over as a reminder, maybe?

I believe in you!  You CAN do this!

Nancy

0 Kudos
BrianE

Thanks 

Sent from Samsung tablet

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I think that sounds like an awful NRT  try it again if you are up to that but I would suggest going to the patch instead .It worked for me and so many others on EX We will never give up on you Brian ! Many of us were serial quitters and it is a journey for each person it is unique but many things in common as well .......mainly our desire to have freedom from this addiction !

0 Kudos
BrianE

Thank you 

I will try the patches.

Sent from Samsung tablet

0 Kudos
elvan

Sounds like the patch might be a better choice for you.  Not sure about any of the NRT's because I didn't use any...I had a bottle of lozenges that I bought but I never used them.

By the way, NO ONE is giving up on you.  NO ONE!

Ellen

0 Kudos
BrianE

Thank you! 

Sent from Samsung tablet

0 Kudos
prjimm01

patches worked for me.  good luck!

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I used patches for a couple of weeks, you might want to give it a try, they take away the edge of the physical craving, the rest is up to you, and to us here, every time you speak with us!

You can do it!

0 Kudos

I used the patches for a couple weeks too. the second week I forgot two days in a row I stopped using them. you have to listen to your body.