Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

How are my quit smoking buddies doing?

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing well. 

Just wanted to write this to check in on my fellow newbie quitters (or newbie-ish quitters). 

How is it going Angie_machadoShowiestodinDiannnnnmaxine55tlajbenncoreinstincts‌ ?

Sorry if I forgot to tag anyone! 

Tags (1)
22 Replies
coreinstincts

I am doing just great I made it to week 3 and day one without the vap going on day 2so things are getting better all the time

Diannnnn

I'm pluggin' along. Stepped down the patch from 21mg to 14mg. Feeling the depression and anxiety a bit this week. Have thought a lot about smoking, but play the distraction game/snack way to much until it passes. 

tlajbenn

How are you doing? I'm on day 22 and down to the 7mg patch. Still tired but energy levels are starting to come back. Walking really helps. Started out really slow but starting to increase my time and distance. 

Dani_2017

coreinstinctsDiannnnntlajbenn‌ good to hear from you all! Sorry for the slow response. 

Today is day 15 for me. I've noticed two things recently. The first is that I am needing more sleep than usual. The second is that I'm having smoking dreams almost every night. They make me nervous! Anyone else experienced this? 

Daniela2016

Hi Dani, we all had and still have smoking dreams sometimes; don't get nervous, your subconscious "knows" you used to be a smoker; instead, just enjoy the feeling of freedom when you wake up, and laugh out loud at your dream.  You don't do that anymore, congratulations!!!

Dani_2017

12Finally34‌ this is the post that I was referring to. 

Carolyn is on her 3rd week! 

12Finally34

Thanks Dani,

Today, I was at the smoke cessation clinic and I was going on and on how I believe this site and Alan Carr is helping me more than the Chantix (which I slowly detoxed from) and Wellbutrin. 

3 weeks and I am breathing, sleeping and counting much better.

I am so grateful for this site and everyone's blog.

Dani_2017

I'm glad that you had a good day!

I haven't read Alan Carr yet, how is it? 

Dani_2017

Or Alan Carr's works I should say. 

0 Kudos