cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

More blessed to give....

Decided to take a short walk after work - not anything big - just wanted to stretch my legs a bit and get from fresh air after setting at my desk all day.  I walked down to the playground at my apartment complex.  I noticed a little girl about 4 playing all alone.  Not an adult in site.  She was friendly and very cute.  I turned around to walk away and clumsy me went down.  Fell hard on one knee.  She started coming toward me and I told her that I was OK.  I got up and realized that I had cut my thumb on something and it was bleeding. Bless that little girl's heart, she tried to give me a little pink case.  That was one of the nicest things that has happened to me lately because I know that she loves that little pink case.  Very generous.  I thanked her but said that she needs to keep it for herself.  She reminded me of a very important lesson in life - it is more blessed to give than to receive.  She was willing to give me - a complete stranger - a prized possession of hers.  I hope that I see her again - and can offer her something in exchange for her kindness shown to me.  Not sure how to turn this into anti-smoking - but I will not smoke over it!  Have a good evening everyone - in spite of hurting from my fall - my heart feels good!

18 Replies
elvan

That is so sweet, what a darling little angel.  Maybe take her some pretty bandaids to put in her little pink case.  Next time she will be ready to help someone else.  Who knows Jen, maybe you can encourage her to become a doctor or a nurse.  That is about the sweetest story I have heard in a very long time.  Thanks for sharing it!

Jennifer-Quit

You know Ellen - I just worry about her being there alone....I am a good person but the world is full of bad people.  Sad but true.

0 Kudos
elvan

You know, that did not even register with me and I don't know why.  There was no one watching over her nearby?  That's terrifying, this world is not a good place to leave a child alone.  She was clearly reaching out to you.  

bonniebee

I agree with you Ellen I hope she was okay after Jennifer left 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

If you ever see her again alone there I think you should report it ( imho ) )

0 Kudos
indingrl

No worries Jennifer God sends angels all the time.... God knows and sees all... trust him... love you .

MarilynH

This is precious, I'm sorry you fell Jennifer but I'm glad this little angel was there for you and I hope you do see her again.

0 Kudos
elvan

I really hope she is alright and not just a neglected child.  As an RN, I was a mandatory reporter if I thought a child was being abused or neglected, nearly got me beaten to death but it was worth it.  If you see her again...see if you can find anything out...without endangering her.  

She sounds like she was there for you.

Awe....cute story Jen. Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos