cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BrianE

Day 2

I am on day 2 of my quit.  I am finding it very hard when I wake up in the morning. I am getting through it. I am doing the breathing and changing of routines but still, Wow it is awfully difficult not to run and buy those cancer sticks.  I am trying to  keep a good attitude.

I feel I need someone to talk too and it is 5 a.m.

I will check back later. Please send thoughts or prayers my way. Thank you.

Brian

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Christophina

Good morning Brian.  Hope you caught up with your sleep. I am thinking of you breathing your way through these first few days and praying for you and me and everyone on this journey to freedom.

The fact that my cravings disturbed my precious sleep in the early days made me even more determined to never ever go near nicotine of any description ever ever again. What an evil addiction.

It is very hard. You are getting through it.

Keep breathing, keep reading. For what it's worth, I am right beside you doing the same.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Yep - what you are experiencing is perfectly normal.  Just don't smoke.  Once you get through these first few days, it will get easier.  But - the only way out is through.

Hang in there - stay busy - breathe!

But don't smoke!

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

Sending positive thoughts, albeit a little late.  Change up your morning routine...if you usually had coffee first thing, have tea, if you took a shower first thing, take it after a brisk walk, do jumping jacks.  Keep busy, it WILL get easier.  I promise you that if you stick with your quit, you will feel stronger and stronger and you will actually get to know yourself in ways that you never thought were possible.  You will learn to feel things and you will learn that feeling things is a good thing, not a bad one.  Smoking stuffed our feelings down and feeling things is foreign to us at first and sometimes even later, it depends upon how long you smoked.

You are going to do this...have a busy day, physical if possible, tire yourself out, think of the things you can do without smoking.  Go someplace where smoking is not allowed...there are lots of them, the movies, the mall, some parks.  Breathe deeply and smell that fresh air!

Ellen

0 Kudos

Sending prayers your way. Keep breathing and reading. We all remember those first days. I had to put my head in the freezer a few times. I also had to stay away from my friends who continued to smoke for a while. 

maryfreecig

What comes to mind as I read your blog on your 2 days won: 'brave new world.' Keep up your hard work one day at a time--the weirdness of it all will fall away. I know feeling upside down is no fun, but this is what it takes for a lot of us quitters--just getting through the first 72 hours. The addiction will fade, but for now keep working your quit. 

Review your plan, add ideas as needed. Keep talking! 

Christophina

Hey Brian how are you? How are you doing?

0 Kudos