cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

The Unknown Is Scary

You have to use good judgement to make your decisions. Good judgement is learned both from others and, from your own experience.

How do you do you use good judgement when you're experiencing something for the first time?

For Example: You know your body better than anyone. You describe what you are feeling to your doctor, don't you?

I was invited to dinner Monday.  We ate a few hours later than I normally would so, I drank some carafate before I went to bed, just in case.

All was good until Tuesday afternoon. I got a burning in my chest like I had never felt before. I was trying to drink ice water to ease the pain. It lasted for hours and on into the evening and, frankly, I was getting a suffocating feeling to the point of my thinking, "am I having a heart attack?"

What happens next?

You begin thinking about the loose ends that need to be tied up, all the unfinished projects and dreams, all the time, wondering if you should tell someone and call an ambulance.

We are here as the experienced. We have been through what you will be going through.  We know what to expect and the markers along the path.

We don't want you to panic.

Lean on us until you get on your feet with your quit.

(I didn't go to the hospital and all was ok Wednesday.)

Tags (1)
12 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Glad that you are feeling better Dale.

0 Kudos

Thanks.

I thought I saw Hoggie waving goodbye.  🙂

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Next time go to the ER!  Or have you trained Hoggie to call 911?  

0 Kudos

no. I taught him how to be the siren on an ambulance though.

0 Kudos
elvan

Don't put yourself at risk...PLEASE.  If you feel chest pain and it doesn't let up with a change of position or deep breathing...a trip to the ER for evaluation is in order.  My cats do great siren imitations too...when we are going to the vet,  I half expect cars to pull over.

Glad you are feeling better.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well THAT's scary all right.  But who exactly did YOU rely on since it was your first experience?  And what will you do if it happens again?

0 Kudos

I had a talk with Hoggie ask asked him to PAW 911 if I passed out or started acting peculiar.

Giulia

Yeah, well, uh....  bravado can still get you dead.

Diannnnn

I am glad you are all right, but it might be a good idea to get checked out if that happens again. If for no other reason that you won't scare the heck out of your friends on EX.

(Man, I thought I was hard headed...)

Dian

0 Kudos