cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Why can't I have just one a Month? Please....

Jump to solution

C'mon! Just one a Month! Surely I can sneak one on a special occasion? What's the harm? Less is better than more, right? I need some real answers to this question - not just beliefs, please! Just one rule - be nice!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoungAtHeart

The Law of Addiction states, "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

P.S.  You have COPD.

View solution in original post

42 Replies
janetto

With many addicts, one is the start of restarting.

gregp136

Why do you want one?  No nonsmoker I know is interested in getting one near them.Only an addict wants to stink and cough.

Diannnnn

Seriously? Because you are an addict, one will never be enough! It will grow and you know it will. You have COPD, that one would be a nail in your coffin. 

Biggest reason? You would seriously piss us off and then we would have to come kick your butt! Avoid the pain and forget about this folly.

So there,

Dian

Angie-Lah

This is an easy one, and it's not just beliefs. You're either a smoker, or you are not. If you allow yourself that one cigarette it WILL snowball and you'll be smoking a pack or more a day in no time. If you can go an entire month without one, you don't need it. You don't need it regardless, but especially if you can manage to go 30 days between.

YoungAtHeart

The Law of Addiction states, "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

P.S.  You have COPD.

jbliesmer

Everyone has said it. And you know it.

One leads you to the point you were at before you quit.

One snowballs out of control

One tiny cig is all it takes

Anite

Yep.  I could only do it till 4 this afternoon.  I am disgusted with myself- I will try again tomorrow!!

Angie_machado

Find out what was your trigger.  Write down all your triggers and find things that you are going to do instead of smoking.  Do you still have cigarettes in your home?

MarilynH

Read everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit right here on this site because it'll strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb, believe in yourself and know that you can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time or one minute or even one second but you must stick with your quit. Anite