cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

coreinstincts

point system

can someone please explain what and how the point system works because all I see is my numbers are going down on one side, however, I am still getting the points to get rewards?#

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Diannnnn

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1125-about-badges-points-and-leaderboards 

Giulia posted this earlier today. I haven't gotten there yet, so I'm still clueless.

Hope this helps.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

coreinstincts‌ wrote:

can someone please explain what and how the point system works because all I see is my numbers are going down on one side, however, I am still getting the points to get rewards?#

Diannnnn‌ gave helpful information.

You earn points for most activities throughout the site. Different activities earn you different amount of points.  You're also rewarded with points for providing quality content.  We're not disclosing how many points are earned  per activity as this  often leads to people gaming the system and sometimes the point system is changed.  That could lead to confusion down the road.

Can you clarify what you mean by "all I see is my numbers going down on one side"? it doesn't make sense to me.  

Depending on what you do on the community you level up based on the type of  activity you are doing on the community. You'll get notifications in the changes in level  as you spend more time on the community and the type of participating you do changes and evolves.  

You don't have to worry about it if you don't want to. We can't turn it off for individuals so if it doesn't interest you, just ignore it.  However in many communities the point system helps (though it isn't necessarily a guarantee) others see the credibility in a person's contributions.  The more they contribute in time equity, quantity and quality of posts the more credible they appear.  While someone could conceivably contribute a lot of time and quantity of contributions their quality isn't typically high and contributions are more short-lived.  This isn't to say there aren't some very  credible people who aren't around a lot or  have a  lot of contributions but their quality is really high.  It's simply a guide, but not necessarily "the rule".

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team