cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BrianE

4 days to go

I have 4 days to go to my quit date.  I am excited and nervous.  I am going to do this once and for all.

Anyone reading this please send good thoughts or prayers if you pray my way. Thank you.

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I hope you are spending the time now reading and preparing.  Have you done the tracking and delay exercises suggested here?  Figured out, perhaps, a different way of  doing things in your life to reduce the smoking associations - things like a new route to work or to the store, a different morning and after meal routine?  Do you have a written list of the reasons you are quitting to remind yourself when the going gets tough?  A written reminder of things you might do to distract yourself through a crave?  Have you bought some sugar free mints or gum, perhaps some grapes to freeze for snacking, and some pretzels;  a container to keep water with you and cold from which to sip?

This quit thing takes some effort on your part in the beginning, but it is SO worth it - I promise!

Nancy

BrianE

I have been tracking everything down and have changed some routines.  Thank you for your advice. I will buy some grapes and freeze them.  What a good idea.

Thanks, Brian

Sent from Samsung tablet

0 Kudos
Brianairb2

I'm at 36 DOF, and can hardly believe that I've been able to crack the surface of my doubt, but it can be done.  For me, the key was being on this site everyday exposing myself to the quit mentality, because it is in your head.  Your body does not truly want carcinogens and nicotine.  I've reclaimed my yoga practice, doing that or working out at the gym nearly everyday, making the healing of my entire self a priority.  Do what you can to generate those endorphins with exercise.  Push through the likely difficulty you'll have with sleeping, focus on taking deep breaths, acknowledge your accomplishment to yourself each day.  What you're about to do is great!  

maryfreecig

Welcome. Noted...4 days to go. Yes you can!

0 Kudos
Angie_machado

You got this!  Do your homework read, read, read!  I'm 11 days free from cigs and I couldn't have done it without Allen Carr's book; the easy way to quit smoking.  There is a copy here on this site for free.....life changing!  I'm sending you all the strength everyone here sent me.  Get ready to start enjoying your life without the smokes.  You really can do this!

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX....will be praying for you and thinking about you as you begin this wonderful journey, one day at a time.  You CAN do this and we are here to help in any way that we can.

Ellen

tjanddj

Welcome to this wonderful quit journey! Sending you my thoughts and prayers.  

You already ARE in my thoughts and prayers! Best Wishes! Keep up the Good Work!

0 Kudos
Giulia

We're EXCITED for you!   Freedom is a wonderful thing.  Chin up and have heart.  Take it one day at a time.