cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Tips for what to eat during first week?

Hi again!

I'm going to make a grocery store run soon and I was wondering if any of you have any tips on what to eat during hell week. Did anything really help you feel better? Are there certain foods to avoid completely? 

Thanks again for all of your help and support, I love each and every one of your comments. 

Cheers to day 4 smoke free! 

Thanks again all. 

Tags (1)
23 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

In the beginning overeating was a trigger for me.  It caused me to want that after dinner smoke.  I would go for more healthy options at first but would not deny myself anything,  Fruits and veggies to snack on would be a good choice,  Sugar-free gum and mints also.  Don't worry about your diet too much in the beginning - focus on remaining quit.   Best wishes!

tlajbenn

Congrats on 4 days!

That is a great question! I'm in my second week and didn't even think about foods that might be good. Baby carrots and hummus are always my go to snack. Great for crunching, keeps the hands busy, and easy to carry around. Foods high in antioxidants would be good for flushing the toxins. Hopefully one of the experienced quitters has some insights. I would be interested in hearing more about it. 

Stay close. I will follow you so we can support each other. 

Dani_2017

Congrats on 2 weeks! Has the second been easier than the first? 

tlajbenn

I smoked for over 25 years. Each day is getting easier. I have a hard time in the mornings. The first hour is the hardest. But then I get busy and can make it through the day with calmness. The first 3 days were hell. But it is getting easier and easier. You can do this! You have gotten through the worst. Keep telling yourself that smoking isn't going to make it better. It will do nothing for you. Stay close to this site. There are supportive people who want to help and see you succeed. 

Dani_2017

Any ideas? YoungAtHeartGiuliaelvan

0 Kudos
Giulia

Dani_2017   Any ideas about what?  Not sure of the "what" you're referring to?

0 Kudos
Dani_2017

Ah Im sorry, this question took a while to be moderated and so it didn't go through until much later. You've already answered my question for me. Thanks again  

Giulia

Ah the joys of moderation.....

i found this the other day for somebody with the same basic question:

Want To Quit Smoking? These 8 Foods Detox Nicotine Fast! - David Avocado Wolfe