cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Dani_2017

Anyone looking for a quit smoking buddy?

Hi All, 

My name is Danielle and I'm on my third day smoke free. Last cigarette was on 7/26/17. I smoked for 5 years. Today has definitely been the hardest so far. I think this would be a little easier if I had someone to quit with me/ go through the process with me. Anyone interested? 

Thanks for reading! 

Tags (1)
102 Replies
Angie_machado

Hi Danielle and welcome!  I'm on my 9th day smoke free.  Keep it up!  Write under the my blog button and everyone will be happy to give you all sorts of support but, I'd love to be your buddy too.  I smoked for 33 yes ugh!  Third day is tough, but you can do this.  Read Allen Carr's book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking, there is a free copy of it on this site.  It really changes the way you think about cigs.  You will find out that we are Nicotine addicts.  Once you've accepted that fact things are so much easier!  Stick close to this sight and blog and read often.  Remember you are doing this!

Angie_machado

If any of the Elders are following me can we help Danielle with our welcome package?

Nancy will be on soon to say goodnight. I'll have her post her welcome.

Angie_machado

Thanks so much!

12Finally34

Just read the plea for help and the comments.

I loved the way you were so protective of the newbie and asked the elders for help.  You forgot about yourself long enough to help another fellow sufferer.

How is it going so far?

12Finally34

0 Kudos
Dani_2017

Hi there! thanks for joining this post, it's good to hear from you!

Hope your week is going well  

0 Kudos
12Finally34

Hi Dani,

How is your week progressing?

This is my 3rd week and I am taking Carr's suggestion to move from saying surviving quit smoking to expressing  happiness that I am free from smoking. 

Right now, I am half way through faking til I make it.  

I have reduced the use of Chantix, this morning the triggers and craving decided to practice pure insanity.  I applied as many suggestions as I could to decrease the cravings and triggers.  I fed myself to make sure I wasn't hungry.  I took a shower.  I read the blogs and I allow myself to feel an emotion.  The feeling was not  about stop smoking but a feeling smoking kept me from feeling.  Dressed, made a meeting and later made my 1:00 follow up doctor's appointment. Doing all this I kept repeating NOPE.

The cravings and triggers reduce while I was sharing my progress with my doctor. I have 3 months to change my diet, do exercise and continue not to smoke in order to reverse my pre-diabetes.  

Today, I do not.

Carolyn

0 Kudos
elvan

Today matters...one hour, one minute matter.  You are doing really well even though I am not sure you see that.  It's not easy, Carolyn, no matter what Allen Carr said.  It GETS easier though and it actually gets to the point where you never even consider it.  I never thought that would happen but it did and I could not be happier to be free.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Dani_2017

12Finally34‌ Hi, Carolyn! I'm sorry for the slow response. Congratulations on 3 weeks, that's huge! How are you feeling today? How is everything going? 

Today is day 15 for me. Yesterday was hard, I smelled a lot of second hand smoke and that is always a struggle for me. I'm also going to tag you in another post that I wrote a few days ago. There are other people there who have similar quit dates to you and me. 

I hope that today was a good day for you! Looking forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos