cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

How to get to a specific page number

Jump to solution

Is there a way to get to a specific page in a group?  I've been doing some editing in my Relapse Traps blogs and it takes a long time to wade through the many pages of blogs in the  Relapse Prevention group by using the right arrow key.  Also when one first sees the number of pages (image left below), it looks like there are only two pages but in fact there are many more (image right).  Is there a way to discover how many pages in total there are?  

pastedImage_1.png   VS    pastedImage_2.png 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You have to do math to know how many pages.  Not sure why they chose to do it that way. I assume because of the option to select and filter down by content types.  There are multiple different content types and if you provided how many pages it would affect the real-time refresh of showing results.  

pastedImage_1.png

Here you see that there are 130 total pieces of content in Relapse Prevention‌ and it shows 20 results per page so 130/20 = 6 and a partial page.  So there are 6 full pages with 20 each and one page with 10.  So probably 7 pages.  If you chose only blogs or discussions then you will see fewer of that.  I'm guessing that if you went to page 7 and then filtered content types it was probably having a weird experience so they chose to hide how many pages, for real estate reasons as well.  It would look funny if it had 1 | 2 | < | > | 201 | 202.  I definitely get what you're saying.  There isn't a "jump to page" option either.  

Not a solution for you but hopefully it gives you a work around. 

You can modify the URL as well if you want to decide what page you want to jump to.  /groups/relapse-prevention/content?start=80   Just change 80 to 100 to go to next page or 60 to go to previous page.  Please not that if you try to jump way to the end it sometimes tells you no results when there are some. I believe this is to prevent a computer from maliciously doing something since you're not actually clicking a next or previous button.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You have to do math to know how many pages.  Not sure why they chose to do it that way. I assume because of the option to select and filter down by content types.  There are multiple different content types and if you provided how many pages it would affect the real-time refresh of showing results.  

pastedImage_1.png

Here you see that there are 130 total pieces of content in Relapse Prevention‌ and it shows 20 results per page so 130/20 = 6 and a partial page.  So there are 6 full pages with 20 each and one page with 10.  So probably 7 pages.  If you chose only blogs or discussions then you will see fewer of that.  I'm guessing that if you went to page 7 and then filtered content types it was probably having a weird experience so they chose to hide how many pages, for real estate reasons as well.  It would look funny if it had 1 | 2 | < | > | 201 | 202.  I definitely get what you're saying.  There isn't a "jump to page" option either.  

Not a solution for you but hopefully it gives you a work around. 

You can modify the URL as well if you want to decide what page you want to jump to.  /groups/relapse-prevention/content?start=80   Just change 80 to 100 to go to next page or 60 to go to previous page.  Please not that if you try to jump way to the end it sometimes tells you no results when there are some. I believe this is to prevent a computer from maliciously doing something since you're not actually clicking a next or previous button.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Thanks for the response.  Too bad there's no 'jump to' page.

0 Kudos

As mentioned above it would cause some issues with Javascript with the content filtering options that are utilized.  Other communities I've used that have the "Jump to" option don't normally have multiple content types so it's a bit easier to employ.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos