cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

newlife5

going on 4 years now...feeling like i dont care...

Jump to solution

okay, I got that I don't care any more feeling. I been quit almost 4 years...and times are hard, my son ans daughter in law are moving a RV into my back yard... and they have good intentions,... but basically I'm feeling like they will now be homeless,... maybe its not a mistake,... anyway I got a good whiff of his cigarette now I'm feeling like whats the use,.. I'm old I'm going to die anyway,.. I want to smoke.... just came here to get some encouragement... all I want to do is cry,... smoke and feel like a failure...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elvan

I am exhausted and I have to go to bed now, do NOT smoke...PLEASE, reach out to more people, we do not want to lose you.  

E

View solution in original post

27 Replies
MarilynH

You're in a funk right now, like you said times are tough and having your son and daughter in law moving into your back yard in an RV must be difficult for you but smoking is definitely not the answer sweet friend and fellow Exer, no way do you really want one, I can see a whiff smelling good but throwing nearly four precious yrs away for a fleeting couple of minutes for a Smoke that would destroy the best gift that you've ever given yourself which is the gift of LIFE! Yes we're getting old and we're going to die anyway but we hopefully by quitting smoking won't die a slow painful death most likely caused by smoking, chin up and know that we're all here for you and I'm really happy that you came here, you are not a failure, you are a kind, caring person with lots of love to give plus you are an Ex Smoker and you are an inspiration to us here in this Ex community, stay strong! (((((Huge cyber hug from me to you newlife5)))))

Jennifer-Quit

Oh no.....please don't you dare.  This is a temp situation I am sure.  You have always been a huge inspiration to me - please don't throw it away.  You do care - and we care -  never another day one. 

Strudel

Izzy - I am so sorry that things are so down right now.....but, I know, and you know, smoking will give you NOTHING! You did exactly the right thing by coming here and blogging - so that tells me that deep down, you KNOW you can't go back to smoking. To lose your freedom would be horrible. Please, realize that you are going through a bad situation right now - but smoking isn't going to change that! 

I am so proud that you have almost 4 years! Your quit is a very precious gift that you have given yourself. Please don't throw it away! 

elvan

You know that smoking will not change anything, it will not solve the problem of the RV in your backyard and it won't make you feel better.  It WILL make you feel overwhelmed with guilt and sadness and you will feel like you need to start all over again.  LOOK at how far you have come and how many people you have helped along the way.  newlife5  You are WAY too valuable as a person to fall back into that addiction and lose quit.  You have grown, you have helped others, please take our hands and know that we are here for you and we are sending love and prayers.  Stick with your quit, stick with US.

Ellen

newlife5

thank you everyone... I have not smoked... and I'm feeling better ... I will be sticking close even if I don't say anything... thanks again

elvan

I am exhausted and I have to go to bed now, do NOT smoke...PLEASE, reach out to more people, we do not want to lose you.  

E

Angie_machado

I'm a newbie with 8 DOF, I can't wait to be smoke free as long as you have.  Please don't give up on your quit!  I bet there are a lot of things you could teach me huh?  I need people like you to get me through my tough days with all your wisdom, tricks, tips and phrases, without them I would surely be lost and smoking again.  Please hang in there, if you can't do it for you right now, please do it for us newbies.  We need you more than you'll ever know.  Please know I will be thinking of you tonight and I'm praying that you keep your quit.  I wanna get to know you!

KMC56

Marilyn's so right,  you are in an awful funk.  Embrace your precious quit!!!  I know we all have experienced days like that... hope I can pull my boot straps up and carry on...we all here to help you pull 'em up!

YoungAtHeart

You have what others WANT!  Wouldn't you rather be an ex-smoker who thinks about smoking every once in awhile or a smoker who thinks about quitting ALL the time?  YOU got this!  It was hard earned and you WON!

Think about how awful it will be to have to go back to Day One ----- and there is a good chance you WILL have to go back there again if you give in and smoke.

Stay strong!  Life will always happen; it's how you deal with it that's important.  This, too, shall pass - and when it does, you will be SO happy you stayed smoke free!

Nancy