cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

5AlarmFire

Exhaustion Slip

Ugh. Just fell off the wagon after a few weeks. I'm so tired and there was no coffee, I thought a cigarette would help me get through - and it did - BUT i smoked and now feel terrible about it. I didn't even have a craving - just a need to power through at work. Now I'm afraid I'm going to want another one tonight - or tomorrow - or the next time i get exhausted... $*#*@@

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diannnnn

Don't worry, just strengthen your resolve! One slip is not the end, you have an opportunity to start anew. May I suggest ice cold water next time or some exercise? I know I would feel horrible if I slipped, but take back control. Don't let it stop you from the ultimate goal of being smoke free! 

You may want to add something to your quit kit that covers those,"Oh crap, there's no coffee!" moments.

Deep breath and begin again.

Dian

TW517

Oh, I don't think that there is any question that you will want another one tonight, tomorrow and the next time you are exhausted.  That doesn't mean you have to have one.  PLLLEEEASE jump right back on the wagon.  I can't tell you how many times I let a failure just like yours make me feel like a loser, and make it seem like I was incapable of quitting.  THAT'S A LIE!!!  You are one of my Quit Buddies that BonnieBee talks about.  Do it for me and the other recent quitters on this site.

maryfreecig

So now you know where to shore up your plan. I hear you about powering though work...in away I got addicted to the smokes/charging through work and drinking coffee. I've learned to love life and work (or get pretty upset) without the smokes. You can too. If you came back to talk about your smoking, says to me you want to find a way out. Keep working it. Read, learn, participate.

elvan

5AlarmFire  I agree that you are going to want to smoke again...particularly if you are tired and need to "power through."  I suspect you can make sure that you have coffee available or caffeinated soda or an NRT like a patch.  Smoking is not going to offer you anything other than a fix...it wears off pretty quickly.

I am really sorry that this happened and you have to start over but I respect you coming here and owning up to it.

Ellen

MarilynH

It's good that you came here and owned the relapse, start day one again so you can stack up your days WON again. H. A. L. T.  - Hunger, Anger, Lonely, Tired - I struggled with hunger in the early wks of my quit because any of these can trigger craves but being aware of these triggers can help in protecting a relapse, chin up and get back to quitting, you can do this one precious smoke free day at a time or one minute or even one second at a time, stay close and know that we're all here for you.