cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

3rdiguy

Quit In 12-Steps (The AA Method)

One day at a time. I'm gonna work these steps or they're gonna work me!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
28 Replies
addictwendys

I was so hoping to find a group of ?A-ers.  I'm a member of NA and have been for almost 9 years.  Got 2 years currently.  I was so wanting to join a group of fellows like me. 🙂

dallison1189

Me, too! 

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,   I need help, I've been a heavy smoker for 34 years, had two years clean on jan 19, day 3 on chantix, like to hear some experience strength and hope from other recovering addicts and alkys who have worked the steps on cigs.  The only times I ever quit smoking were when I was in jail.  God help me be willing.  I AM POWERLESS OVER CIGARETTES, AND THEY ARE MAKING MY LIFE UNMANAGEABLE.  I quit drinking, I quit doing meth, why should I listen to that lying voice in my head that says this is different?  I said the same thing about methamphetimine, that maybe this drug was too powerful for the steps to work on.  What a crock of horseshit denial that turned out to be.  There is One who has all power, that One is God. Lord help me one day at a time, on breath at a time.  I can not continue to indulge in self destructive behavior, it is not compatible with seeking and doing God's will.

DDfree

Amen, and God Bless you on your journey.

0 Kudos
blur

I am on day 2 and using chantix. I have been clean of drugs and alcohol for 8 and a half years. I had posted on a different board yesterday that I am haveing a hard time saying I have recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body. Especially when I have a cig in my hand. I dont say that discounting all I have done. I really have come along way.  It just seems a on going thing I have found in sobriety and part of my on going part of my spiritual awakening is change. The change of becoming a non smoker is tuff. I still love to smoke. I hate spending 14 bucks a day. I hate smelling like shit. I hate being winded on 2 flights of stairs. I hate the unmanageable part of rushing outside in the snow and hot boxing a cig so I can rush back in with everyone else. I look forward to the day I can say I am free of smokes. I have made it to the 4 month point smoke free numerous times. I always pick up again. Thanks dopeless for reminding that god can and will relieve me of this obsesion if I let him.

0 Kudos
blur

Day for grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

0 Kudos
bobw

Hello,

Just here to say "Hi" right now.  I'm an AA approaching 26 years who's cut back on smoking quite a bit and now hopes to move on and quit entirely.  I have a profile up if anyone wants to drop by.

0 Kudos
gogoriviera2

I hope others that may not have used a 12 step program before will find this a useful toolbox for recovery from nicotine addiction.

0 Kudos
shelby701

I'm going to print this and give this a try! Better yet I'm going to make it a way of life for me.

0 Kudos