cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c2q

Spoilers

Jump to solution

I want the ability to use spoilers in my posts. Is this possible? Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spoilers are available in the current community  platform as of 3/17/2021.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

how spoiled do you require?

Yes, just about that much. Thanks.

edit:

JonesCarpeDiem‌, my apologies if you were really asking about spoilers, not being spoiled. I'm into one and noted for the other.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jive doesn't have that natively.  There is probably some html that would facilitate that via the <> button on the advanced rich text editor toolbar.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

So, that means you can import that html format into jive?

the spoiler code formats

<spoiler> Text to be hidden. </spoiler>

test: [spoiler]Text you want to hide[/spoiler]

don't work as they are.

0 Kudos

Yes it MAY be possible.  Shortcodes/bbcodes don't work. The html code i attempted to insert didn't work but I didn't do much searching.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

c2q‌ and Mark

What?  I mean I beg your pardon?

Are you allowed to use secret words and coded language without explaining to the blonde?

Bree

0 Kudos

Basically it is a function that has a button or link that can hide/show information. 

Question: Why did chicken cross the road?

[+] [Button]

Hidden Answer: To get to the other side.

It allows you to hide/show something without giving away the answer.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Hi Bree19‌! that is not a blond question at all. I'm pretty blond myself most of the time, and I'm a brunette. Sorry I didn't explain in my original question what a spoiler is ... I guess I didn't think about anyone reading this post over here in community help 

Spoilers are used to shorten content, and to allow pages to open faster. I'm not a techie. I know spoilers from other websites that I'm active on. Don't ask me how they work. 

A spoiler is like a brown paper bag. You put stuff in there, and put a label on it. People can click on the label  to open it if they want to see the stuff inside. If they don't, it's just a couple words long and easy to skip over. Here's where they're handy:

1.  Repetitive content

I have a ton of text that some people may want to read and others may not. Like on the Freedom Train or the Pledge Page. All the big long intro before you get to the new content? All that can go into a spoiler. People who are familiar with the info don't have to scroll  all the way through it to get to the new content.

2. large amount of background information

I want to say something that I need to give some background on, but the background information isn't the key thing I want to say. Like, I want to talk about how Uruguay beat big tobacco, but there's a lot of background information that I want people to be able to skip over if they aren't interested. I can put all that into a spoiler.

3. large images

I have this really cool image I want to share, but it's really really big. I can post a thumbnail or smaller size version of the image, and people can click on it if they want to see the big size. But people on mobile devices don't have that big size image jambing up their device.

It's not secret code; it's just a tool for posting content, like inserting a link.

Hi Patti and Mark

That was interesting.  When I was still working 2 years ago our IT boffin taught me a lot of stuff others were maybe not interested in.  I miss those little demo's a lot now that I'm home and DEFINITELY falling behind.  

Thanks for taking the time - hugs c2q‌  Mark

Bree