cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML Check In 7/26/2017

So I saw a blog post with a NML check in a while back.  The last check-in was on June 24 or something like that.  I am happy to take the lead for a while and post a weekly NML check in!  I'd love to know who is here with me!  I know Ready2021 is here with me and Diannnnn‌ will be here soon...

Welcome to The No Man’s (Woman’s) Land Roll Call revisited (AGAIN).  Let's tell everyone how we are doing!  Take a moment to check in!  Let's hang out and play for surely we are all in this together! 

No Man’s Land, for those who may not know yet, is approximately 30 day to 130 days into the quit.  Of course, some enter it sooner, some leave it later. There are many excellent expressions of this throughout the Ex Community, so I will let you find it for yourselves.  Check out these great posts!  

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

I will try to post a weekly discussion.  Hope to see all the NMLers at least stop by.  

Lets keep in touch and keep smoke free!

Roller with 35 DOF!

Tags (1)
35 Replies
Brianairb2

Just hit my 30th DOF!!!!  Ready to explore and master the terrain of this No Man's Land...

Roller831

Well I am glad you are here!  We are all in this together and are quit buddies (if you will).  I am going to take this NML thing head on!  Glad you stopped by to check in!

YoungAtHeart

gregp136‌ is also in NML - he gave a check-in a try, but there didn't seem to be much interest!

Hope you are successful!  Posting those links each week is probably a good idea, as new people will always be arriving to travel that land!

Nancy

TW517

I'm checking in, and I'm darn glad to be here!  OK, not really.  NML can be awful at times.  

But since I have to be here, I'm darn glad I have you guys as company!  I've got your back if you've got mine.

I'm sure I'm missing several people, but how about?:

Christophina Ready2021 bookee6 ChangoGrande jbliesmer 

Roller831

We are here for each other!  While NML can be awful at times, let's make it as pleasant as possible!  I've got your back...no worries!

elvan

roller831‌ I think the more support there is for people in NML, the better, I DO HOPE that this catches on.  I cannot tell you how important the weekly blogs were to me when I was in NML...there was humor and advice and a sense of never being alone. It was wonderful.

Ellen

Diannnnn

See you guys in 6 days!

ChangoGrande

Hey Roller roller831‌, I'm here with you and 68 DOF!  Just been too busy to be checking in a lot lately.

All is well in NML for me, so I can offer the hope that it doesn't have to be hard (so far, at least!).

Onward and Upward,

Eric

Christophina

Today I opened up the Out of the Ashes book and landed on page 218. Here is the daily reflection:
Feelings...
Smoking is a way of not feeling.
To stop smoking is to open myself up to feelings--good and bad. A barrier is removed from between myself and others--a mixed blessing. It makes it possible to feel at peace with myself, and with the larger reality I am part of.
Today, instead of focusing on "not smoking" (a non-action), I will instead strive to feel my feelings without judgement, and to be open to what is going on around me.

How weird is this. There's probably a logical explanation. I clicked on here to say thanks for the nudge TW517

and hi to everyone and to admit that I am skulking on the edge of the playground. 

Anyway, when I clicked on the reply page the quote from Out of the Ashes book popped on.

Don't care how it appeared because I'm going to take it as a sign.

A reminder of something elvan‌ told me about feeling my feelings. 

Most days I feel I am drowning in my own tears.

I used to be a good swimmer, so I'd rather tread water for a while longer than start the anti-depressants prescribed by my Doctor.

Anyone want to play in the sandbox with me? Sniff. Bigger sniff.

Day 68 dof also ChangoGrande🙂