cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

coreinstincts

Anger and what it can make you do!

My anger can make me pick up a stick and hit you with it; N.O.P.E. Not Today!

My anger can make me say things I don't mean; N.O.P.E. Not Today!

My anger can make me throw things; N.O.P.E. Not Today!

My Anger can make me HATE; N.O.P.E!

HOWEVER TODAY MY ANGER WILL NOT PUSH ME TO TAKE ONE MORE PUFF "NO WAY"!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

How about your anger being met with a slow, deep breath, a count to 10, ANOTHER slow, deep breath and another count to 10?  If that doesn't work and you CAN, go yell cuss words into a pillow or punch it into submission.

Sometimes it helps to understand WHY things make us angry.  We CAN control whether we let something or someone push our buttons.  Might just walking away help?

You are relearning your life as an ex-smoker, and finding  new ways to deal with your anger is part of that process!

Re-invent!

Nancy

coreinstincts

I cannot do anything with this anger because it's the deciding judge on my disability case. She has taken cases hear in April and passed down her decision and my case was heard in March and I haven't heard a word.

Jennifer-Quit

Anger has always been my biggest trigger - so be careful and like youngatheart about said - look for ways to let it go.

elvan

coreinstincts  For me, anger means danger.  I lost many quits over it.  I hope that this case gets addressed and resolved soon, dealing with disability issues can be incredibly difficult and it is not easy to be patient.  I used to want to go and buy all of the dishes I could find at a thrift store and then take them somewhere and smash them, I never actually did it but it seemed like it would have been a great release.  I suggest you do whatever you can that is physically demanding...let the anger out THAT way and say the Serenity Prayer...God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Ellen

bonniebee

I often fantasize my anger like you did Ellen I think it really helps me deal with the anger and keeps me from having to act on it !

coreinstincts

I made it through the day without a puff thank the Good Lord But I was in the moment and I went through the stages, I felt the emotions and didn't suppress them for the first time I was angry and admitted it to you guys and then I went to sadness which is my problem child and fell asleep I woke hours later to watch a couple good shows that I like on TV and went to bed this morning I have a better outlook and am working on my 7th DOF. I made it through.

constanceclum

Ellen I have actually smashed dishes-only they were my own lol. I've resolved a lot of my anger issues with the help of AA. Right now, anxiety is through the roof and it stems from these mental cravings.

Connie

0 Kudos
elvan

constanceclum  Oh dear, I try not to smash my OWN.  Well, I guess if I bought them at a thrift store or a garage sale, they would be my own, wouldn't they?  

coreinstincts CONGRATULATIONS, you felt your emotions, it is okay to be angry, it is okay to be sad, it is okay to FEEL.  It is NOT okay to stuff your feelings into addiction.  I am really proud of you.

Ellen

bonniebee

Try doing what Ellen and I do fantasize the actions it really helps Connie I have to admit anger is my biggest trigger and the last to leave ! I still really want a cigarette often when I am really angry I control it by thinking do I really want that addiction back and active in my life again  NO ! I will keep it in remission no more day 1's for me !!!  I know the anger will pass and if I smoked I would then be  really be angry at myself for giving in !