cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

Quit Buddies

One of the first things I noticed when I quit on this site was the elders who guided me though the first days and weeks and also teaching me how to navigate this site (we were on the old site which was easier then this one ! ) I clung to them as I got though the first weeks of my quit and they were there for me !

Then I began to really notice the ones just ahead of me and from them I learned what to expect next and how to get through the tough times ahead . As some dropped out of sight I just kept noticing the ones who were sticking it out .  Some even had the nerve to call themselves "Happy quitters "..... I thought ya right will I ever get there ...I seriously doubted it ! But it was those people who I really followed I wanted what they  had ! 

Then I began noticing the ones who quit around the same time as myself and suddenly realizing we were all making it together ,some fell away but some are still here today and I call them my quit buddies !

If you are new here look around at the Elders for there wisdom ,those just ahead of you especially those you see that are really positive in there thinking and are making it .... the  "Happy Quitters" , and finally your quit buddies , support each other and hang in there for yourselves and for each other  You will be so glad you did !!!sayings quit smoking mice.jpg

Tags (1)
30 Replies
YoungAtHeart

As Dale likes to say, "it takes some cocooning to become a butterfly."

Nancy

bonniebee

You are one of the Elders who has always been here for me and so many others YoungAtHeart Nancy ! I wil be forever grateful ! ❤️

0 Kudos
elvan

Nice blog bonniebee‌.  I remember wanting that elusive "forever quit" that people talked about.  I wanted to feel that sense of security.  It took a while but it happened and I have no doubt that this is my forever quit.

bonniebee

You are one that was ahead of me and I learned so much from you ! Forever in your debt Ellen  !!! elvan

0 Kudos
elvan

I will be forever in your debt as well, dear bonniebee‌, you have offered so much to this community and to me personally, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

XO,

Ellen

tjanddj

Hi my Quit Buddy! We did make! and they can too! The Elders and Quit Buddy's makes everything better. Glad you were here for me Bonnie! Hugs.

bonniebee

I am so glad to be here with you Trudy you had one trying first  year to say the least and seeing your strength through all you went through sure was a huge example to me of  Faith and SINAO !  Love you lady !

0 Kudos
NewMe

This is some EXcellent advice, bonniebee . And I pretty much used the same technique. I drew the most strength from the advice of Happy Quitters, as I really wanted to learn how to do that. And dare I say, "misery loves company", I also gained some strength from people who were experiencing the same emotional roller coaster that I was on, just knowing that I was not alone in the way I was feeling. Hang in there, all you Newbies. Stick it out long enough and you may very well surprise yourself by saying "whoa, I AM a happy quitter".

bonniebee

sometimes i was annoyed with those "Happy Quitters" precisely because i was envious and a bit afraid I would never get there I don't know exactly when I became one but it happened !