cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hmmm

Is the quit smoking establishment so set in their ways or tied to manufacturers of quit smoking aids that they would not consider an alternative approach to quitting smoking?

I honestly believe there is a better approach than what they repeat ad infinitum.

With success rates using their methods fairly miserable, would they be willing to take a group of 20+ smokers and try a different approach and document the findings?

If there were more positive results than using their methods, would they be willing to adjust their curriculum and do a larger test study?

Nicotine gum was invented in the 60's. The patch was first used in 1985.

The repetitious message touting their success has not varied since then.

Are we trying to help people quit smoking or push old ideas with low success rates?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
elvan

Good question.

0 Kudos
Jouncybell

I am seriously wondering what is your recommendation, what is your 'better approach'?  If there is something better, I would really like to know before my quit day on Saturday.

0 Kudos

My approach takes longer than 3 days but it begins with no counting, no denial, no stress. It starts like this.

Where Does It Come From? 

It's Wake Up And Quit Day 

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

0 Kudos