cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Insights

Jump to solution

I just discovered the Insights button.  It's really kind of neat.  You can't see anyone else's (which might not be a bad idea to add to the community leaderboard functionality Mark‌), but click on yours and take a gander.  You can see the impact of your content on 20 items.  If you look at the Individual Interactions you'll see a shadow avatar.  Click on it and you'll discover those are "Guests."  Are these lurking members who have viewed your page or those that have viewed your comment/blog material in general?  Or are they simply an aggregate of all the members you've interacted with across the platform?  Also, what does the percentage mean in the Profile Type circle?  Is it related to the amount of time spent on the site in general or in comparison to the membership time en mass?  Is there a document in the help section related to what Insights are all about, an explanation of the different categories?  Would be nice to have one, if not.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ wrote:

Click on it and you'll discover those are "Guests."  Are these lurking members who have viewed your page or those that have viewed your comment/blog material in general?  Or are they simply an aggregate of all the members you've interacted with across the platform?

Likely content in general that they've consumed as you can't really interact with a guest. 

Giulia‌ wrote:

Also, what does the percentage mean in the Profile Type circle?  Is it related to the amount of time spent on the site in general or in comparison to the membership time en mass?  

Your participation on the site is comprised of different types of interactions.  Consumer (reading content), participant (responding), contributor (authoring).  Whichever you spend the most time will be the % and label in that box.  It could change over time.

Giulia‌ wrote:

Is there a document in the help section related to what Insights are all about, an explanation of the different categories?  Would be nice to have one, if not.

There is not one currently as we didn't really expect many to even be curious about it.  There is an "i" in the upper right that gives some information on Jive's site but it's limited.  I will consider it for future help documents.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

23 Replies

It appears that you, m'lady, have a LOT of time on your hands today, exploring THIS and exploring THAT!  I have a dirty house if you'd like to spend some of that extra time with ME??!!!!

(or we could just have a wine tasting!!!!)\

🙂

0 Kudos

Just trying to find a way to beat YOU on the Leaderboard!  

P.S.  Mine is grayed out.  I guess I don't have clearance to view it!!! 

(or my reach really is ZERO!)

😞

YoungAtHeart wrote:

P.S.  Mine is grayed out.  I guess I don't have clearance to view it!!! 

(or my reach really is ZERO!)

😞

It takes a little time to load.  Perhaps just give it a bit of time

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

What browser and browser version are you using?  

https://www.google.com/search?q=speed+test+google 

pastedImage_3.png

Click "Run Speed Test" button and see what your upload and download speeds are.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Didn't you HEAR?  I cheat - and I have paid "A GUY" to steal points and give them to me when you all are sleeping (not with the fishees - but that's ANOTHER idea!!!)

🙂

Sootie

Where is the insight button????????????????

0 Kudos

Sootie's Insights : Here is the link you should find based on the link Giulia‌ mentioned on your profile Sootie‌.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos