cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sootie

@ Feature??

Jump to solution

Hi Mark---I often cannot get the @ people feature to work. I try typing a few letters in but the person's name never appears so that I can "@" them. It MOST OFTEN happens with members who use the underscore in their name---but it is not always just them. I THOUGHT it might just be my computer at home but it happens on this work computer also. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? Sootie

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sootie‌ On Friday of last week this was finally fixed!  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

It actually usually doesn't work for ANYBODY when a person has  an underline in their username.   The only way you can @mention them is to copy the link from their username anyplace on the site and paste it into where you want to mention them.

0 Kudos

Sootie

Youngatheart.7.4.12 wrote:

It actually usually doesn't work for ANYBODY when a person has  an underline in their username.   The only way you can @mention them is to copy the link from their username anyplace on the site and paste it into where you want to mention them.

Yes there is a bug with  Re: @Mention‌.  Will be fixed as soon as Jive pushes the update to us  . elvan was having trouble mentioning me but she said that was resolved so possibly a temporary Javascript issue on her computer.

Update 11/1/2017: 

Realistically this will not be fixed until Q1 2018 now.  

Update 1/30/2018:

Realistically this will not be fixed until Early Q2 2018 now.  

Update 10/26/2018: This has been fixed.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
bonniebee

I have the same problem Sootie see it worked for you and most often it does work but then it doesn't work I never noticed the underscore that is probably the problem 

0 Kudos

There is a Jive glitch and you can't just @mention a username with an underscore in it.  You have to copy it from someplace on the site and paste it into the place you want to mention them.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sootie‌ On Friday of last week this was finally fixed!  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos