cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

Yay or Nay!!!

Who is getting tired of all the moderating, censoring and even our pm's are being effected now, what's next? 

18 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Jennifer-Quit

This is my take -

When a comment or blog of mine goes into moderation (for some reason it is rare for me - I know for others it is not so rare), if it is feasible to do so, I delete it and try again.  Normally it will go thru the second time - if I make a minor change to it.  I realize it is not always possible to do this with a lengthy blog or comment.  Perhaps you can copy it before you delete it and try it that way so not to lose your content.

If I use a word that gets ******ed, people can use their imagination and fill in the blank - lol.  I do have an extensive vocabulary when it comes to dirty words - but I have tried to work on cutting down on using them the last year or so.  That is not really a big deal to me.

As far as private messages go - I treat the PM system here the same as my work e-mail.  I do not put anything out there that I would have a problem with admin or my boss reading.  I do not think that admin or my boss reads all of my messages or emails but the possibility and technology is there.  They can if they want to. 

MOO - the more time that we spend on these issues, the less time that we have to spend on the real reason that we are here - to help people quit smoking and remain quit. 

Sootie

MOO is EXACTLY the same as @Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14

0 Kudos
KMC56

Agreed..but aren't we all adults here.  Quitting is difficult...and we can't be grammiicly expressing how we feel during our quit process.

I know I'm personally not offended when I read how some describes their quit in their day!!

MarilynH

Well Jennifer-Quit ,I'm really hoping that Administration will work with us and our grievances so we can get back to helping people quit smoking and Remain quit, I sure don't like being frustrated when all I'm trying to is be helpful. 

Giulia

Yea.

MOO - the more time that we spend on these issues, the less time that we have to spend on the real reason that we are here - to help people quit smoking and remain quit. 

But I'm in agreement with Jennifer.  I think it's time to move on.  indingrl  Diane Joy's blog (which I just came upon from two days ago) reminded me of  that.  Am I being helpful, or causing strife?  I have caused some strife, I'm sure, by expressing my opinion (which I  felt needed to be heard) because I care deeply about this community and am concerned for it's health.  But now I think our time is better spent in attending to the needs of those who are here to learn how to save their lives.   

MarilynH

Yup I know that you are right so I will get over my hissy fit now since you and everyone else are done and have said what you wanted then I'll follow in line like a good little girl and do as I am told......

0 Kudos
elvan

I am just too tired to fight about it...I will absolutely NOT rewrite or copy and paste my comments that go into moderation.  That's a bit much.

MarilynH

I agree sweet friend, sleep my dear Ellen I'm tired myself and frustrated but I think I might just be exhausted enough to sleep, gentle hug from me to you elvan