cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Posamari

Chemicals (ingredients) in cigarettes should be listed on each pack, just like food.

This is an article on MSN today. I feel if every chemical contained in cigarettes was listed on each package, it would greatly deter smoking to begin with. This also needs to be taught in our public schools. Each and every additive and chemical.

Most Adults Don't Know What's In Cigarettes 

5 Replies
elvan

The packs might have to be bigger.

0 Kudos
Posamari

LOL.... yes they would   , forget about carrying it in your pocket, right?  However, a large majority of smokers do not realize how many they are ingesting with EVERY puff. It's almost like a footnote..'oh and by the way there are thousands of chemicals in that cigarette besides nicotine....now let's move on and just discuss nicotine'.

I don't feel it is REALLY addressed and explained properly. Maybe an insert in each package listing every chemical and the dangers and side effects of these chemicals. Even a  skull and crossbones like on poisonous products would be a deterrent possibly for beginner smokers. According to this article, the U.S. is one of the least diligent in the health warnings in the packs. But then again, the tobacco industry funnels huge amount of dollars to line the pockets of politicians to look the other way. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Posamari I'd love to see something make a difference to people...I really wish that smokers were more aware of what they are doing to themselves, what they are ALLOWING to be done to themselves.  

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Hi Posamari. Agreed,--they are in the purview of the FDA now. Why should tobacco be grandfathered in as if its still the early 1900s? Why? Why? Why?

0 Kudos
elvan

Why indeed!

0 Kudos