cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kellybeth

Update of my Journey

147 days. I have not smoked in 147 days. I am so proud of myself. I finally feel like I'm becoming an ex smoker! Before I felt like I was a smoker that wasn't smoking and now I feel like an ex! This has not been an easy quit for me. I have had lots of stresses, just like everyone else. My main problem was and is that I live with a smoker. I needed to worry about myself for once. Take a step back from being a Mom and a Wife. I needed to do this for myself and I wasn't going to let my husbands smoking take that  from me. I wish he would quit but he has to be ready, just like I had to be ready. Me and him hit a rough spot in our marriage and he left the house for a month. I still did not smoke. I still have times where I want to smoke but I am just able to acknowledge it and say to myself "You don't do that anymore" and move on. I feel so much better now and I cant believe how fast the time is going.

Another thing is that I cant not believe how much time smoking took away from me. I feel like I have so much extra time now that I don't need to take 12 or more smoke breaks a day. I timed it before. 1 cigarette took me about 11 minutes to smoke. So if I smoked 12 a day that was 132 minutes of smoking. Not to mention the time it took to walk outside or find a missing lighter or go to the gas station to by a pack. All that time was taken from me. That is time I could have been playing with my daughter or cleaning my house or doing something good for myself. I was sick of giving away my money my time and most of all my health.

I hope all of us here can find the strength within us to know that we don't have to remain smokers and we don't have to be controlled by it anymore. We are all bigger and stronger then our addiction. We are all brave to share our most out of control feelings with complete strangers. And no matter where we are in our own journeys we are all warriors.

Kelly ❤️

10 Replies
vanlil

Good for you Kelly...........sounds like your choosing NOT to smoke for YOU.  Way to go!!!!

I had to quit drinking alcohol many many years ago but my husband didn't.  Stayed alcohol free with booze in the house and him drinking .  I had 2 requirements I had him do.  DO NOT make me a bartender (make your own) and if it bothered me and looked too tempting I had him put the drink in a glass with patterns on it so  couldn't see the content.

Works for me. 

Happy for you Kellybeth .

Lillian   394 dof

YoungAtHeart

Oh, Kelly, you make my heart sing, hearing how wonderful you sound!  I am SO proud of you!

Enjoy your extra time, and money and, most importantly, that new feeling of confidence!!!!

Congratulations!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Sounds like you have got this!  And good for you!  Thanks for checking in and sharing a really inspirational story!

elvan

Kellybeth  You have just made my day, you sound amazing and I know this has been a really challenging time for you.  I am so proud of you and so happy for you!  Congratulations on 147 GLORIOUS days!

What a great example you are!

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Sounds like you have reached your Ah Ha moment.  I don't have to smoke". I am a nonsmoker.  Protect your quit. It is yours never give it away no matter what NOPE.  Great Job. 

Strudel

You sound so good! Congrats on your wonderful quit! 

maryfreecig

Thanks for sharing your quit story.  Glad to hear you are growing stronger and happier. Yeah! 

ShawnP

What an inspiration you are to us, thank you!!! Congrats on 147 days!!!

Giulia

Before I felt like I was a smoker that wasn't smoking and now I feel like an ex!

That's called FREEDOM!  Time is now on your side!  How grand!  Stay vigilant.  Happy you're over the hump of it.