cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tlajbenn

Should I place patch on night before quit dau?

I am quitting tomorrow. Mornings are tough so I thought it might help to place my patch on tonight before bed. 

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You can try that, but some folks have reported having vivid dreams with it on.  You might also consider quitting at 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning.  There is no hard and fast rule that you have to start your quit first thing in the morning!

Nancy

elvan

tlajbenn  I agree with YoungAtHeart‌ but I never used the patch.  I DID do some preparation in the form of reading and tracking cigarettes and what my triggers were.  I also paid attention to how I felt when I smoked which was NOT my desired effect.  I have been quit for almost 3 1/2 years now after smoking since I was a kid.  I hope you have done the reading...JonesCarpeDiem‌ has an essay I kept going back to, "What to expect the first 140 days."  YoungAtHeart‌ has a link to  101 things to do instead of smoking.  You can also check out some other sites for extra support, you will never overdose on support.  

We are here for you to help in any way that we can...I came to this site every morning and every evening to get a dose of support, to read blogs and to comment on them...to see how others were getting through.  I strongly recommend it.

Best to you and Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I used a patch for a few days and i would put it on as soon as i woke up.

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

I put mine on in the morning, right after I got  up.

But you can do it the night before if you want.

Mags-4 Years

0 Kudos

I saved a cigarette for the morning I quit and smoked it and then went and got the patches a few hours later.

That way, I was not affected by jonesing for a smoke and had the rest of the day and night to show I was in charge.

I wore the patches in the morning and took them off before bed.

I quit in the evening, deciding that when I woke up I'd already be twelve or more hours into my quit. In my case, I took my patches off at night and put new ones on in the morning. I too found mornings to be hard, and I practiced for this during my preparations. I'd make myself wait longer and longer before I could smoke in the mornings. By the time I quit, it was two hours before I allowed myself my first smoke.

But whatever works for you is the best method! The main thing is that you succeed! How you get there is a personal choice.

I look forward to hearing of your success!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
MarilynH

You can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time or if need be one minute or even one second at a time, believe in yourself, be willing, determined and totally committed to succeed and you can and will, stay close because we're all here for you and your precious quit. 

0 Kudos
elvan

tlajbenn  Remember that someone is always here and remember that we want to help you in any way that we can...we have all been where you are, there are no shortcuts and we are always willing to share what worked for us.

Ellen

0 Kudos