cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Angie_machado

1st day on Chantix

I will quit this time no matter what.  I've quit before but always started back up.  This is my second go around with Chantix.  Last time I did NOT stick with the medication and I never joined the support group.  This time is different!  I'm reading every about quitting and I'm here to share my journey.  This is my first day on Chantix and of course  I'm still smoking.  My quit date is in 7 days and I intend to be prepared this time, I know I can do this. Any advise or encouragement please give me a shout out.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
prjimm01

Hi Angie.  Welcome to the group.  It sounds like you are committed which is AWESOME!  Please share your journey with us every day if you can.

NOPE

SINAO

0 Kudos
Kellybeth

Hello and welcome. I used Chantix to help with my quit. I really don't know if I would have been able to quit with out it. I have a hard days for sure but I'm doing good now. I did have some problems with the Chantix. I have anxiety and panic attacks. The Chantix seemed to make that MUCH worse. Also I had a hard time falling and staying asleep. I stuck with it. I knew that not feeling great for 12 weeks would be better then continuing to smoke. Let me know if I can help in any way because I just went through this. Good luck to you!

0 Kudos
Angie_machado

You know what?  Chantix gave me super high anxiety too, I'm still taking it, but I went back to the doctor and she added Wellbutrin.  So far so good.  I'm really doing well with my Quit.  Thanks for the forewarning about Chantix.

Kellybeth

So glad you are doing well! Have you stopped smoking yet? I still had lots of cravings but was able to push though. Hope you hanging in there!

Angie_machado

Hi Kelly!  Yes, I'm on my 5th day of no smoking.  This quit has been so much easier than any other time I quit because:

1. Went back to my doctor after I started having severe panic attacks with the Chantix.  Doctor added Wellbutrin.  Much better.

2. Finished reading Allen Carr's book.  It was like a lightbulb went off and I no longer was suffering though the Nicotine withdraw.

3. All the help and support I'm receiving here!

All I can say is AMAZING!