cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mikecity

Good morning all

Happy Thursday!!!!!!!  And a fine Thursday it is!!!!!!  With what looks like schiosis, I've decided to retire.  I am afraid if I keep working I will end up in a wheelchair.  

I am glad to enjoy my golden years smoke free!!!!!!!  That's some wonderful gift I have been given!!!!!!  I try to guard it well!!!!!!  If you are new here, stay close to the site and blog.  This site really works!!!!!!!  Namaste     

N. O. P. E. 

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Oh, Mike, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. 

I think you have made a wise decision to retire.  What will be your date be so we can celebrate with you?

Nancy

0 Kudos
mikecity

Hi,

At the present, I took a week vacation.  It runs out this Tuesday.  I have an evaluation by a physical therapist on Monday.  Monday afternoon I plan to file over the internet.  I am now looking forward to it.  Have a good day. Namaste 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

If I read this correctly, we should plan your virtual party for Tuesday, then?

Nancy

0 Kudos

I was a general contractor in a wheelchair for 3 full years.

Enjoy your retirement standing.

0 Kudos
elvan

I think you are wise, Mike.  Yoga is supposed to be very helpful for scoliosis and you already know what you are doing.  Happy retirement!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sorry to hear about your scoliosis.  But retirement doesn't sound like it would be the worst thing in the world!  Find new things to learn and keep your mind active.  I understand there are exercises that can help scoliosis.  If you should start doing some, drop on over to the https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/exercising-and-health/blog/2017/06/08/lets-get-moving-chal... and join in.  It's a great motivator!

0 Kudos