cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

c2q

Stay the Tide

Every day, we reach out to each other on the Pledge Page, one person reaching his or her hand to the next, forming a chain of smoking-resistance. On a Panama City beach in Florida this week, 80 strangers proved that this very act of support - joining hands - can truly be a lifesaver.

Connected only by the fact they they were all on the same beach at the same time, people reach out and saved the lives of 8 others caught in a deadly rip-tide.

This is what it's all about. Stay the tide.

human-chain-rescues-swimmers

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

...and nobody cared whether they were holding the hand of a Muslim, or Protestant, or Democrat, or Republican, did they?

THIS is what our country was founded on - not the divisive mess we have become.

Rant over!

😉

Roller831

Thanks, c2q‌!  I am grateful we are on the same "beach" and I have many of you as a lifeline when needed.

Magstoyou

I saw that on TV. Wasn't that awesome.

To save that family, to think that quick!!

Mags1457DOF

c2q

I agree, Mags Magstoyou‌. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I was caught in a rip tide myself as a kid - it's very frightening. And in the video, seeing everyone connecting together to save another so reminded me of the pledge page, I had to post. Thanks.

Pops

Thanks c2q‌!  please make sure to share the link on the pledge page.  I will if you forget, but since you found the original, I'd like for you to author the pledge!  I love this community way of living to support one another....

Pops w/414 dof!!!

c2q

will do Pops‌. Good idea!

elvan

c2q‌ This is BEAUTIFUL and so perfect for the pledge page!

Diannnnn

It does reaffirm one's faith in the human race. 

Giulia

Great analogy Pati!