cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

just saying "take what you can use".

My thought/my opinion:  Take what you can use and leave the rest.  Especially to the newbies. FYI, Sometimes on a virtual website words and expressions can get loss in the crack.  Things can easily be misinterpreted, especially if you are not familiar with the personalities on this site.  This is a very caring diverse group.  Please don't jump to conclusions that someone is intentionally trying to offend you.  That is far from the truth.  As addicts we tend to have a certain amount of denial and defense that comes with us. Which can be part of the letting go process. However, if you are not willing to accept an opinion when you asked or opened up a discussion for help it is best not to counterpunch or abruptly leave.  We are here to help.  You wouldn't be helping yourself by leaving.  Therefore, take what you can use and leave the rest. Don't take it personal.  The elders and the support have experience and you may learn from them if you don't jump to conclusions and take it as a personal attack.   The truth is hard to swallow.   If you are looking for an EXcuse to smoke don't use the EXcommunity.  We are here to help. JS (just saying) Take what you can use and leave the rest. 

12 Replies
MarilynH

You are so very right Jackie, we're all here to try to encourage people and hopefully we can help someone through a rough patch, thanks for putting this out there.....

Showiestodin

Nice to hear this. I'll take this good advice, being a newbie.

elvan

We are all pretty raw at the beginning of our quits but there is not one person on this site who would purposely cause any issues for an EXer.  We are all here for the same reason, to support each other and to help.  You can't see our faces or hear our voices, it is impossible to determine what the person means.  We are not here to make things harder.

Diannnnn

Very well put! It's tough to hear sometimes, but all the advice I received has been spot on! No one wants to hear that they might not know everything.

ChangoGrande

Hear, hear!

Roller831

Wish there was a LOVE button!  So true and completely agree!!!

Thank You, Jackie, for saying EXactly what has been on my mind!

MarilynH

I think pretty much most of our minds ,thanks Thomas3.20.2010 and thanks again JACKIE1-25-15

Christine13

I so agree Jackie!  All the help and advice I have received is wonderful.