cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Trying to figure this out.

YoungAtHeart‌  Since you have such an endless knowledge of horticultural matters I thought I should ask you. Do you have any idea what this plant is?  When I purchased it I was told it is a banana plant but I thought banana plants had wider leave on a stalk.  Maybe it is some other variation but I can not find anything on it. Does anybody know?

name this plant

0 Kudos
49 Replies
Diannnnn

Yeah, that doesn't look like a banana plant to me either. I've always thought of them as kind of palm like. It actually looks like a type of long leaf succulent. I couldn't find any that looked exactly like yours, which is really cool btw, but some similar. 

Good luck!

Dian

YoungAtHeart

A banana plant has yellow bunches of things hanging off of it......tee-hee!

It isn't growing like the banana plants I have seen.  They have larger, even-edged fronds that kind of unfurl from the center stalk.   I agree with Dian that it looks like a succulent of some variety.

Other than that, I got nuthin;!

Diannnnn

lol....yellow bunches...bwahahahahaha

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I was told that I have to bring it in when the weather gets cold.  Banana plants can weather the cold around here. but I seldom see any with bananas on them.  tee tee hee back.  Maybe gardenancy8‌ has a clue. 

gardenancy8

I have no idea either! But I will be searching for the name now.  I just can't think of it right now. I know it's not a banana plant.  

gardenancy8

wait, I might have found it. I will be back. lol

JACKIE1-25-15

Close but I don't think that is it.  I have bromeliad.  It may be in that family I will check it out some more.  Thanks for the direction. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Image result for similar to bromeliads or yucca

@jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 This is close. Thanks I think you are right. 

0 Kudos