cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

Keep coming back

This reminds me of 12 steps which I have never had to work them but I feel like the addiction to cigarettes feel like I have to be in these rooms LOL what Im trying to say is I keep coming back because this where I get a lot of support and want to be here 19 days today is a blessing and I have met a few wonderful people who have guided me to my 19 days smoke free I'm still weathering the storm im still reading Allen carr I,m still drinking water ,Im still practicing my breathing  and I Keep coming back Sincerely Thank you ( teared up )

11 Replies
Diannnnn

This place and the people here are amazing, aren't they? I understand exactly how you feel!

Hugs, 

Dian

elvan

Ready2021  Coming here every morning has become my routine...like having coffee, making the bed...etc.  I never fail to get some sort of encouragement here, not just for my quit but for LIFE...for the DAY.  I first came to EX in May of 2013 and I had two failed quits that year...both lasted three weeks and both ended because of anger.  How stupid was THAT?  Then I had to deal with the anger with MYSELF.  I finally quit in January of 2014 and THAT ONE stuck...I was seriously ill and that certainly made a difference but the planning I had done with the other quits helped me and the best thing I ever did for myself was to promise that I would be HONEST about my expectations for that cigarette I was craving.  I knew that no cigarette could EVER meet those expectations and that honestly made it a lot easier.  I won't say EASY, but EASI-ER!  Congratulations on your 19 days...tomorrow, you will be out of your teens!  Keep stacking days, my friend and that 12 step program works for all addictions.  

Ellen

Ready2021

I have no ideal why I am so emotional today People born in the month of July are usually crabby and moody however I am balling my eyes out you always touch me on every reply you give me and that I am truly grateful

elvan

Ready2021  BIG HUGS!

Jennifer-Quit

I have over 3 years quit, and I still come here everyday.  We are so happy to have you as part of the group. It is normal to feel emotional in the early days but hang in there because it does get better!

Ready2021

A big thank you

0 Kudos
MarilynH

It's very normal to be emotional in the first few weeks of quitting, I know that I could be laughing one minute and crying the next but it's going to get easier and easier with time and you are doing great, congratulations on your precious 19 smoke free days and counting WTG.

IrishRose

When I quit seven years ago, I lived on this site.  Was drawn away a few years back, due to a lot of medical issues, but I am back on here again.  I am happy to say that I have been through hell and survived while I was gone from EX, but have absolutely no desire to ever smoke again.  

I have returned to EX, because I missed my buddies on this site so very, very much.  In addition to that, now is the time for me to give back, with the hope of being here for anyone who may need a hand to hold on their forever quit journey.

Finding this site is the best thing that could ever happen to a person who wants to quit and stay quit!      

Ready2021

Im glad your back and here IrishRose I would miss sharing with you its so amazing to vent, share ,express to you and a few people on here I share more on here then in my every day work week I guess some  of my co workers are dealing with there own crap at work I am the one every one sits at my desk and share but rarely is anyone asking me Phyllis how you feel I should have had a degree in being a therapist LOL Thanks for always having time for me and listening