cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genaya

Artists

Day 1

All things are possible so we must believe that we can achieve even when negativity tells us that we can not.

Since coffee and alcohol are two of the top triggers I have decided to cut coffee out of my daily routine not to replace it with sodas caffine and I will attempt this for the next 2 weeks to brake that trigger bond join me.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
xses

Maaan everytime I got a good beat goin or I'm writing up a good verse

I get this urge to get up and smoke I wonder if this time I'll be able to keep up

with myself, I quit caffeine sodas and I dont drink the cofee at NA meetings

and I get there 5-15 mins. late and leave early to avoid the sokers crowd

0 Kudos
vying

I am a singer and have to make a change...and I am terrified.  Terrified to quit because then who will I be after 16 years of being a pack a day smoker...it's crazy to think this but it's been my friend that I can count on, my gift to myself for a job well done getting thru a good audition or bad, having a great gig or bad.  But knowing the whole time that my present, my reward, or my comforter that I give to myself is killing me and slowly destroying the G-d given gift of my voice.  I don't have the breath support to sing that I used to have or the range and at this point the confidence isn't there either.  I would like to say I wanna quit for my health but the truth is I wanna quit for my career and my dream.  I wanna play with the big dogs in my field and knowing that this is not possible if I continue to smoke.  Yet I am terrified to quit and terrified to not...I tell myself I like smoking and that the days will be boring without it.  That days won't be as enjoyable without my friend but knowing I have to let go of it or I will stay a described "wow she can really sing even though she smokes as much as she does" which sounds nice in a way but is a reminder that it is still inhibiting my full potentional and that the comment isn't "OMG...that girl can sing (period)" in comparison to anyone...the little friend or the dream...I think I get pissed because I can't have both and as we as artist know compromise isn't necessarily our strong suit....however stubborness and wanting it our way is.  UGH!! Just sharing and honestly venting...

0 Kudos