cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smorgy8513

Hi...remember me???

First of all I want to say that I am doing ok.....no smoking (1417 DOF!) and physically I have been on break from chemo for almost 6 months.  I'll have another scan in mid July and dr thinks I'll probably start on Opdivo at that time.

I've had a number of "hi, thinking and praying for you" from friends here and I feel so loved by all the messages.   These came through on FB as well as Messenger.     Just goes to show that when you have a connection with someone it doesn't just go away when you take a break from life.  

Physically I'm struggling with bursitis in my hips, ongoing chronic pain in lower back and neck.    My right knee has been so bad over the last week that I have trouble with getting up from toilet (TMI?????) and doing the stairs.   (we have 19 steps on the outside of the house leading to our apartment).      I'll see dr today to get some ideas.     Warm pool therapy has been helpful but not enough.

I'm moving mid August.    I'll be living alone again (YEAH!!!), as some of you know the situation with my son and I living together has not been good at times.

Been lazy, gaining weight because I don't eat well and pick and eat in between meals.   

Looking for moving company that doesn't charge too much.   Cheapest estimate I've gotten is $705......can't afford that.   I've got some more names that I can call today.

I hope that everyone here at the EX is doing well.     I'll sit down later and try to read and catch up some.

I'll go now and do my pledge.     

Thanks for all the love and concern.

Sharon

27 Replies
Barbara145

So good to hear from you, Sharon.  I think of you and pray for you. So sorry you are having pain. Hopefully the MD can shed some light.  Love,   Barbara

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

It is so good to hear from you.  Moving is hard and expensive.  Hope that all works out for you. I know it will be nice to have a place by yourself.  It is tough (at least for me) to live with another person.  Please keep us in the loop about what is going on with your health.  You are always in my prayers!

0 Kudos
NewMe

I think of you often when I come to read here. Good to hear the chemo is over for now, and you may get to try a new approach. Sorry to hear you are in pain. I will continue to send prayers and good thoughts your way.

0 Kudos
Giulia

'Bout time, young lady!  Ah, to have a place of your own once again.  Glad about that!  Hope you find a less expensive mover and that your doc gives you helpful suggestions on relieving your pain.  They sell raised toilet seats.  This one is $26 on line (Medline Raised Toilet Seat with Lock | Walgreens )

But there are others with arms.  Something to think about that might help.  Hope you get some relief soon, Sharon.  ♥

0 Kudos

Hugs.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Of COURSE we didn't forget you! So glad you answered our shout outs.  I hope you get some pain relief.  Is the place where you are moving on one level?  Hope so!

You are often in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy

0 Kudos
MarilynH

((((((((((Here's a ginormous loving, caring cyber hug from me to you))))))))))) it's wonderful to hear from you and I'll send extra good thoughts and prayers up for you and for an affordable and reliable moving company for you Sharon.

Magstoyou

So good to hear from you Sharon. Was getting worried. So sorry about the pain you are in.

Hope you get some relief at the Doctors!!!  Gosh!! Prayers and Hugs going your way!!

Love Ya Mags

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Yes, you are not forgotten.  Even though you are not here everyday you are thought of.  It is good to hear from you today.  Thanks for giving us an update.  Take it easy.  Life will get better.  Just keep living and loving and giving like you do.  Thanks for your support.