cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Legend

Watching nature is better than smoking

I tried to post this in status update but it won’t let me post a picture again so I will post this here. Just to the left of the hummingbird feeder you can see a hummingbird getting sugar water. I don’t know how many hummingbirds we have but I see a lot coming and going.  I was making some strawberry jello and saw the hummingbird out the window. Watching nature is better than smoking.      

Hummingbird 6-20-17.jpg

239 Replies
MarilynH

I definitely agree with you 100 %, yay for Smoke Free Living!

I like watching nature

and

Nature likes watching me.  🙂

Screen Shot 06-20-17 at 09.42 AM.JPG

Giulia

Love hummers...

DSC00126.JPG

In this one you can see her little tongue sticking out...

DSC00102.JPG

DSC00105.JPG

And here you see the Bumblers feeding too.  Everybody loves sugar!

DSC00120.JPG

Definitely more fun than smoking!

ScienceTake | The Hummingbird’s Tongue - Video - NYTimes.com 

Legend

Giulia Thanks for the pictures I love watching hummingbirds. Love the bee in the picture. My dad had a hummingbird that he named nervous Nelly because she never sat down for a moment that he saw when she was by the feeder. Nervous Nelly would even come down in front of his face and look at him up close then fly off. 

Giulia

Nervous Nelly. Love it!  My cousin has gotten them to eat out of her hand with a hand feeder.  (This picture I took off the internet).  I need to order one.  I've managed to hold the bigger feeder in my hand and have them sup from IT, though it sure takes a lot of patience.  But what a TREAT it is!

Wouldn't you like to be a hummer too? be a hummer  sugar water  be a hummer   sugar water

Legend

Giulia WOW!!!  That is really cool I love this picture. Yes you must have a lot of patience to get a hummingbird to sup from a feeder in your hand. Hummingbirds are so pretty.

YoungAtHeart

I have bee balm growing outside my kitchen windows which the hummers just LOVE!  They haven't found them yet this year, but they will and I will very much enjoy watching them!  I also have a house wren nesting in my stove pipe birdhouse right outside my window and have enjoyed their comings and goings, as well.

I LOVE summer!

Legend

YoungAtHeart I hope the hummingbirds find the bee balm soon they will love it. I love watching all the birds and animals outside. 

0 Kudos