cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

How do I delete my discussion with comments? What is Advanced editor in my reply?

As a clarification - the original content referred to below ("I see no way to delete it") has been deleted by our Company Manager.  It concerned connecting to BecomeAnEx on mobile phones.  The information given seemed no longer pertinent since the site migration and I suggested deleting it.  This discussion between Mark and me took place on that original blog.  Mark authored this Question (and title).

=======================================================  

Mark I see no way to delete it.  Please feel free to do so.

Also, just noticed the following.  Don't recall seeing "Use advanced editor" and "Actions" above the function line before.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia wrote:

Mark I see no way to delete it.  Please feel free to do so.

Also, just noticed the following.  Don't recall seeing "Use advanced editor" and "Actions" above the function line before.  

pastedImage_1.png

Yes when you reply it gives you actions in your reply and also the option to switch to the advanced rich text editor that includes all options for wherever you are responding.  Basically it clicks that ... button to the right of the insert video button.

In Actions Menu in upper right you don't have delete option? Suspect that it is because this is a discussion and not a blog and it contains replies and that is why it isn't allowing it.  If it were a blog I think we found out that it does allow you to delete.

Will take a look and try to confirm.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark‌  I did not create this discussion, YOU did.  Giving it your OWN title.  You took my question  today on a 2011 piece of information I posted from someone else on the site (here I put a link to the original content now deleted)  (I don't think they were called "discussions" back then?) and turned into ('branched' ?)  it into this discussion and attributed it to me.  I have a real problem with that.  Although it may "help the community" at large, it is NOT a discussion I originated.  Please remove it from my content and place it in yours.  Because I DID NOT CREATE THIS DISCUSSION.  You took it upon yourself to do so.  

0 Kudos

Giulia

Yes, the question you asked is valuable to the community and the reason I branched it. The original post it was asked in is no longer relevant to current platform and was removed.  I didn't want your question to be lost when the original topic it was apart of was removed.  As part of branching a reply (and any threaded comments), you give it a new title to ensure the title matches the content.  That's what I did. Since you were the author of the comment that was moved to its own topic, you are the author of the post. I cannot change the author to myself.

As the Community Manager, I will, on occasion, branch off comments to their own topics if they warrant their own discussion/question to ensure content is discoverable.  This is part of normal curation activities. This community doesn't have the option to merge. If it did, then on occasion I might merge topics to increase visibility on a given topic. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

I think is was especially helpful the way you linked gas stations in a response to someone's post because they happened to mention gas stations?

I repeat, especially helpful.