cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

plug66

just a bump in the road

just a quick update....feeling much better....sore still and cranky.....have had enough, but all is progressing, i see the doctor tuesday and i'm sure he will take the staples out....gawd, i hate being confined, but a family gathering this aft should boost my spirits...love to all

0 Kudos
6 Replies
elvan

plug66‌ Thanks for the update, honey, hope you thoroughly enjoy the family gathering!

XOXOXO,

Ellen

0 Kudos
plug66

i will thank you....xoxoxoxo

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

SOOOO good to hear from you.  I have "been in your shoes" too many times now - and it just is AWFUL, I know.  Have you found a show on Netflix or Prime, or from the internet,  perhaps, you can look forward to each day?  I limited myself to one/two episodes of a show a day, and found it DID give me something for which to look forward.  I crocheted dish clothes out of cotton yarn during one recuperation, an afghan as a gift during another, and  beaded cross stitch Santa ornaments (18 of them --- I almost went BLIND) through another (I kept a set and made one for each of the folks on my Xmas list).    If you knit or crochet, it's not too soon to make warm hats for Xmas gifts! 

Recuperation is kinda' like quitting smoking - the only way out is through!!!

I won't repeat the trite "in retrospect, it won't feel so long" because I know it isn't true!  But - I do wish you patience as you heal.

Enjoy your party.

Nancy

plug66

not a very patient person, but i'm hanging in there, feeling stronger every day

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

So glad you are starting to feel better, I hope you'll enjoy the family gathering!

Hugs,

0 Kudos
Giulia

We gotta go through what we gotta go through to get where we want to go.  Slow and steady wins the race.