cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Are you up for the "MOVING"challenge?

Jump to solution

Yes is it an early Saturday morning Movers.  Most of us would like to sleep in after a busy week.  HOWEVER we have to get MOVING on the weekend too if you have not met the weekly challenge....NO EXcuses.  Fortunately I am on R & R because I have done my challenges.  So let's get to moving and shaking.  Maybe this will get you going.. I know you can move. Diannnnn‌, bonniebee‌, Giulia‌, gosh finally remember how to spell your name. elvan‌, shashort‌, kristen_9.7.15, @Strudel, Sootie‌, jdesco311‌, YoungAtHeart‌.  I and  Mandolinrain know you can shake.  15 minutes.  SHAKE!!!!!! Come on Daniela2016‌  You too  Calling all my quit buddies.  Let's do it.  Anybody can join.  Yay  Let's keep it moving.  BTW FYI will be tracking my normal steps for today.  Have a great smoke free day. I am

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giulia

Well add yourself to the "Can't Be Kept Down!" category, my friend.  That Pringle story is hilarious and horrifying at the same time.  But yet you persevere.  Here's to US!

View solution in original post

39 Replies
Daniela2016

Thanks for the invite Jackie, unfortunately I had other early tasks, and not the temps here are already in the low 90's, and the sun is blazing down on us; my choice of movement today might just be shopping or getting in the pool tonight.  Or just shaking it on the music you posted!

Have a great moving weekend JACKIE1-25-15‌!

JACKIE1-25-15

Anytime of the day is just fine.  Shake Shake Shake 

YoungAtHeart

Moving and mulching on my crutches.  I weeded two flower beds yesterday, and had a friend distribute bags of mulch around the gardens and trees.  I have, so far, opened, dragged and mulched eight  bags' worth and have eight more to go.  It is sticky and humid now and the sun just added to it, so I'm taking a break with 2,550 limp drags on my Fitbit!

😉

Giulia

How does one weed on crutches, pray tell? YoungAtHeart

YoungAtHeart

Welp - necessity is the mother of.....well, not exactly invention in this case.  You simply stand on your good leg, balance with the bad one, and bend over....it IS tiring as all get out and makes my back start to scream after awhile...........but it's doable.  I found you can move a garden wagon on crutches if you hold the handle with one crutch hand rest and move sideways when you pull it!!!

Hey - I quit smoking; I can do ANYTHING!

😉

JACKIE1-25-15

I knew there would be no EXcuses for you.  Be safe be careful.  You can just shake your booty on crutches.  Shake Shake Shake.  Thanks for being a part of.  Have a great weekend. maybe post some of those pics of flowerbeds huh?

YoungAtHeart

DONE laboring for this day.  Got 10 1/2 bags spread and limp dragged 5,289 steps doing it!  I am off to a shower!!

I will try to take a few pictures later.  i just HAD to get out of that sun!

Diannnnn

That is awesome!!  You know, some might use the whole, "I'm on crutches", thing as an excuse to lay around in the AC....not you!  I think that is admirable.

Dian

P.S.  Does this site have a policy on hero worship?  I'm beginning to see many of you that I am definitely looking up to!

YoungAtHeart

JACKIE1-25-15 

Here's just a couple of pics.

IMG_7006.JPG

This is outside my kitchen windows (I don't know WHO put their muddy paws in my birdbath!!) The red are bee balm (the humming birds, bees and butterflies LOVE them!) - you can see a wee calla lilly  by the pig statue,back  right is spider wart - great blue flowers - behind the pig are Columbine and the small plants around the birdbath are wild mini irises (both finished blooming for the year).

IMG_7013.JPG

This is the bed beside the driveway.  Spent azalea in the foreground.  Cedar groundcover, another spent azalea to the right, lavendar,  with blooms from lamb's ear, a spent peoni and Shasta daisies getting ready to bloom.

Today I have been to the farmer's market (YUMMY strawberries, peas, green beans, spring onions) and weeded and mulched one tree.  2,141 steps so far!  It's HOT, so I may just do one more tree and call it a day.