cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

Note for the Day

Hello to all who have been supportive and uplifting.  As I sit here writing this I have a feeling of sadness.  Today would have been my 11th day smoke free, but life got in the way and I relapsed.  I feel badly because all of you have given me support and taken time out of your day to help me.  I hope to be back at this site soon, but right now I need to get my head together.  Stay strong and I have felt your strength throughout my short journey.  I didn't just want to disappear without letting you know that I appreciate your insight and helpful words.  Stay well and I hope to be back soon

-Michelle

8 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

So sad to hear. Life does not stop when you quit smoking.  It is a commitment that no matter what I will not smoke.  The best thing is not to delay.  Learn from the mistake of going back to smoking and commit to never let it happen again. Get right back at it.  You can do this.  There is no reason not to quit smoking.  Do not give up.  The quit smoking journey never ends.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

The only failure here would be if you didn't start right back in!  Think about it:  is there a REASON not to quit again right away, or an EXCUSE?

Only you can answer that question.  I hope you are back soon.   It could be a matter of life and breath.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Bree19

Hi Michelle.

Hope to see you back soon.

Bree

0 Kudos

"right now I need to get my head together." Michelle, there is no better place to get your head together than right here! I wish you the best and would be very pleased if you would rethink going away! Now is the time to be closer than ever. Take care of you - only you can know what that looks like! We're always here 24/7 for YOU!

0 Kudos
dwwms

Sorry to hear, Michelle! Hope you figure out what you need to do to make it work. Hope to see you back real soon!

Doug

0 Kudos
Iamkfaz

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving.  May I suggest that instead of leaving this site you spend some time each day just reading all the information available here.  Please remember, everything your mind is telling you, you need a smoke, is a lie, it's an illusion.  Everyone here hopes you return.

Karyn

elvan

MichelleDiane  Michelle, I am really sorry that you are leaving, even if it is just a "break"...I have to agree with what has been said above, the sooner you come back and get back to your quit, the better for you and for your quit.

That said, I want to say thank you for letting us know.  When people leave and we don't know what happened, it is disheartening, we want very much for you to be successful and we want to do whatever we can to help ensure that.  

We really do care and we really want you to be free and be able to celebrate that freedom.  Life does happen, it has good days and bad days and things do not always go as we want them to.  We have to realize that smoking doesn't change life, it doesn't make anything better.  

Best,

Ellen

Diannnnn

Michelle,

It's ok, everyone slips. You can do this and whatever else you want to do. Be good to yourself and try not to beat yourself up too much.  

Hope to see you soon,

Dian

0 Kudos