cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ready2021

Shakes

Good afternoon good and kind people I notice in the morning while getting ready I seem to shake a little confused talking to myself when I never did this before lol is this normal Oh BTW 1 week since I quit still going strong cravings are shorter

12 Replies

Yes it is normal and only temporary! Meanwhile, drinking cranberry juice throughout the day will balance out your blood sugar and help with the shakes. Also green tea is a good detox. best of all the more days without a Sickerette you feel better and better with each day! Who wants to go through that again?

Ready2021

Thank you I will stop in the morning and grab some cranberry  juice I have been drinking plenty of H20 which has become my best friend that's funny Sickerette  got me over here in tears

JACKIE1-25-15

If possible find a quiet place and sit relax and deep breath.  This too shall pass.  Just breath, breath, in out slow.  Relax. You have control so calm yourself.  You can do this.  Easy breezy breathe.  Close your eyes listen to ...hold on I'll get it.  Video Link : 1474 

Ready2021

Thank you that's one thing I do is breath but in the morning I forget too LOL thanks for reminding me to BREATH

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Congrats ex quit 6.jpgon your first week of success keep it going !!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Deep breaths, lots of water, and lots and lots of CONGRATULATIONS!  The craves WILL get weaker and will come less frequently just as it becomes apparent that you are not satisfying them.  Consider this a detox and understand that this drug does NOT want to let go of you.  No crave ever killed anyone, no one can say that about cigarettes and no cigarette ever fixed ANYTHING.   The only things a cigarette will change are your lungs, your skin, your smell, and your risk of a number of cancers.  You are doing this, Ready2021 , congratulations on getting through Hell Week.

Ellen

0 Kudos
dwwms

First off - Congratulations on making it through hell week! Mornings can really be tricky, they were for me anyway. I'd smoke 4-5 easily in the first 2-3 hours just trying to get the nicotine level back up! So yeah, I'd feel a bit jittery the first couple of weeks or so - it'll subside once you get a new normal routine going. Keep it going one day at a time!

Doug

Ready2021

Thank you so much you are right this is hell week

0 Kudos
shashort

Way to go making it through HELL week. Water became my best friend too.  Breathe, Breathe and Breathe and now on to HECK week. You are doing this, stay strong! and NOPE it will get easier with one day at a time.

0 Kudos