cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MichelleDiane

What is going on?

Okay.  So I am not going to smoke.  I am just going to jump out of my skin.  I came here to talk instead of smoking, but have a question.  Has anyone had the experience the free patches that are sent by NYQuits?   I started those today because I didn't want to spend the money on more Nicoderm patches.  I had several quit attempts so I had a little shy of two weeks of patches.  Today I put on the free one and I am more unsettled and upset and anxious and craving than I have been in 9 days.  What is going on?  HELP!

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Have you checked the dosage?  Perhaps they are not the same strength?  If they are generic and indicated as the same strength, perhaps the dosage is incorrect?  I would go back to the Nicoderm in ---- or understand you are going through a bit of withdrawal, get busy, and just get through it!

Glad you came here instead of smoke - GREAT decision.

Let us know what you decide to do!

Nancy

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hey Nancy.  Thanks for the feedback.  I don't really know.  It's said the same dosage as the Nicoderm.  It is possible that I've been pretty lucky so far and have not had massive thoughts or urges or cravings, so today just might have been a rough day.  I did make it through work without going out to buy cigarettes and when I got home I went for a walk.  I'm still a little uncomfortable, but I think it will be okay.  Have a nice evening and thanks again.

-Michelle

gregp136

Yell, scream at the patch, write horrible, nasty letters to the manufacture, hit the wall, throw things, anything you need to get it out.  Some days my second and third week were worst than my first.  BUT IT DOES NOT LAST!!!!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hi Greg.  Couldn't do much screaming at work (unfortunately).  I did manage to not cave, but I suppose I have not had this feeling since I quit.  It was a hard one, but made it to now and plan on keeping my pledge.  Thanks for reaching out.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
elvan

MichelleDiane  DO be sure that the dose is the same and keep in mind that sometimes the generics might not be as closely inspected so the dose might be off a little.  Drink lots of water, DANCE, do something to get the heebee jeebies out...it WILL pass, if you feel like it is going on too long, take the patch off, you did the best thing you could do for yourself by coming here.  There are going to be good days and bad days and even some VERY BAD days...I PROMISE you that it will get easier if you stick with your quit and take it one minute at a time if need be...sometimes it gets tough.  You CAN do this, Michelle.

Ellen

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Hi Ellen. I did exactly that at work.  One minute at a time.  Some moments I found my mind free, but the feeling came back.  It was like anxiety.  I'm drinking a lot of water and I think I'm going to treat myself to some ice cream tonight.

Thanks,

Michelle

prjimm01

You are on your way!  Go get em tiger!

elvan

MichelleDiane   Thanks for checking back in, Michelle.  Please try to remember that we have good days and bad days whether we smoke or not, smoking does not FIX anything.  Relax this evening and congratulate yourself on getting through a rough period and proving that you CAN.

Ellen

0 Kudos
shashort

I am glad you did not give into that Nico Demon dude. Like Ellen said drink lots of water.  I carried and still do a water bottle with ice cold water to help with the hand and mouth part.  Taking slow deep breaths in your nose and out your mouth helps to.  Glad you came here. Hope your evening is going better. Another day won! Way to go!

0 Kudos