cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

What We Don't Know

Why do some folks have weakness and inflammation gone wild and others don't aside from their lung capacity? What happens on a cellular level in your extremities? Why do we go around and around in circles of R&D but make little to no progress? Where are we missing the boat? And what does that mean for the individual patient doing their best to manage their disease?

The many inflammatory faces of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) cannot be diagnosed by s... 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies
Barbara145

Good morning, Thomas.  Thank you for sharing your research with us.  Hope you are well.

0 Kudos
elvan

Thomas3.20.2010‌ I have to admit that I am sometimes seriously concerned over the lack of improvement I am noticing in my COPD.  I am doing everything that I know to do and still I am short of breath and extremely fatigued.  I know that the fatigue is also linked to RA and chronic pain but it seems that the breathlessness is not improving.  I have an appointment with my pulmonologist in August.  I don't think I can move that up unless I am acutely ill and I can't say that I am...I am more frustrated than anything.  My oxygen sat is 98 but I know that is not the end all and know all of what is going on...it's frustrating as I am sure you know.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Now that we know the question, we can find a way toward an answer!

http://www.genengnews.com/gen-exclusives/a-new-future-for-copd-treatment/77900919 

Hang in there, folks! 5 Years from now COPD treatment will not look the same! Just think, how many of us used CPAP or tested for sleep apnea 5 Years ago? We get closer with every step! It all starts with the question.

Bree19

I read the article.  It sounds so promising that they plan to really move forward with research!!

Bree

0 Kudos