cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Legend

Please make this a rule with your quit

When you feel like you might smoke please remember we are here just reach out and find someone here before you smoke. You can blog and get help or you can send a private message to someone here if you feel like you can’t blog but please reach out to someone here for help. Help is always here for you give it a try and you will see.

I hope you all have a nice night.

Here is something to help you relax and sleep better tonight.

Relaxing Music with Nature Sounds - Waterfall HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6RYpe9IT0

16 Replies
freeneasy

We have options to Think it through and get help 

Jennifer-Quit

Hi Christine!  Good advise and video!  Thanks for sharing!

Legend

Jennifer-Quit  Hi Jennifer good to see you.  

elvan

Legend Good to hear from you, lady and what sage advice you have given.  Seriously, reaching out to someone can make all of the difference in the world.

Love,

Ellen

Legend

elvan Hi Ellen yes it has helped me reaching out when I was triggered. I hope you are having a good day.

elvan

Legend  I am about ready to call it a day, I had to go to a baby shower this afternoon and it was endless and many of the people smoked, it was outside in a pavilion but the smell was really strong, particularly when 5 or 6 of them would get together and smoke.  YIKES!  I am glad to be home and I am really tired and in pain, as always.

Reaching out helped me when I was triggered as well and there really was always someone here, thank God.

Ellen

Legend

elvan  I do hope you can get some good sleep with all of that pain. I am glad I was not there at that shower when I smell smoke the smell gets stuck in my nose and I have to use saline solution to rinse out the smell. Yes thankfully someone is always here to help. I am saying a prayer for you now for pain relief and good sleep. Hugs to ya.

elvan

Legend  I honestly never even thought of that...I was concerned about my lungs and tried really hard not to be downwind of them but that was impossible unless I moved every five minutes.  My nose DID get plugged and I kept wishing I had some saline spray with me...I thought it was pollen related but it was gone when I got home.  It was clearly the smoke...hmmm.

I slept on and off, watched the news and that was not conducive to relaxing...the pain is always there just sometimes worse than others, last night was a challenge. I woke up during the night and had to take something for pain....then I realized that I forgot to take anything for pain before I went to sleep.  Oops...surprised I slept at all.

Hugs back to you,

Ellen

Strudel

Thanks Christine - great advice!