cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Iamkfaz

Pause and Remember Cards

Hi, in one of my previous posted I had mentioned that as part of my quit plan included index cards.  These cards are a Pause and Remeber Cards.  They are to be used when those pangs come upon you or anytime you want.  When those pangs happens the cards can give you a moment to stop, recognize and reaffirm your decision to be a non-smoker.  I hope others might these helpful also.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

These are a GREAT idea - thanks for sharing!

Nancy

Giulia

Great idea! I used stickies.  Still have a couple scotch taped to my desk.  "When nothing is certain, everything is possible."  (That one can be looked at from a positive or negative perspective.  I chose the positive one.)  But then my own personal favorite...

ATTITUDE STUPID

That one reminds me to check my attitude and of the fact that I have control of how I perceive things.                                                  

MarilynH

Wonderful idea and will be very helpful.  you are doing great with your quit. 

elvan

Iamkfaz  This is GREAT, thanks for sharing.  It's a reminder of the need for a reset of our minds...I didn't do that but I DID LIVE on this site for several days.  It was my "salvation" and I got so much support that I could not believe it.  You are doing a GREAT job of preparing and look at you, you are ALREADY helping other people.  I am IMPRESSED, I mean that.

Ellen

Strudel

I love these! I had a few with our acronym of N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever - on them. I had one posted on the bathroom mirror and kept one in my purse. Thanks for sharing yours! 

vanlil

Guila - I try to keep my "attitude" that of "gratitude" and it saved me lots of times.

Lillian

Giulia

vanlil‌ Whatever "attitude" gets us over ourselves is the BEST attitude to have!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

This is super! Reminds me of school days. I always had my study notes for exams on index card and they really helped me!! I'm so proud of you!