cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Iamkfaz

Your thoughts please

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing well. I have been spending this past week tracking every cigarette i have had, with the when, where,questions.  I have been keeping a journal throughout each day and i have read all of the readings recommended.  I love Easyway.  I have previously set my quit date at June 13 and I am seriously considering moving it to this coming Monday. Does anyone see any particular reason to wait until the 13th?  I have started the Wellbutrin today. 

Through my tracking and journal i have learned a lot about my patterns, my triggers and have solutions that will help me through. While reading Easyway, i took notes and have made cards to keep with me to read though out the day.  This book completely changed the way i viewed smoking and quitting. It made so much sense to me. 

I would love your thoughts. Thank you. Karyn

27 Replies
Daniela2016

Welcome Karyn! 

You seem so ready, so organized, have done your homework, I think there is no reason for you to delay the quit date.

I had quit cigarettes, but was still smoking on an e-cigarette using it as NRT. And I had set a date to quit the e-cigarette!  The easy way impacted me so much I decided to just stop using the e-cigarette, and not wait for my "official" date. 

If you feel you are ready then you really are!  There should be nothing or no one to derail you from your decision.  With everything you listed as having in place I see your quit to be a solid one.

Go for it, all you will be doing by quitting Monday is gifting yourself 2 weeks of a healthier you!!!

Congrats on your awesome decision!

Iamkfaz

Thank you so much Daniela!!

MarilynH

Welcome Karyn, I agree with Daniela that it appears that you are ready to quit smoking on Monday, you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime, stick close to this site and keep reading everything you can about quitting smoking and Remaining Quit because there's a wealth of information here strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb and start living a life of Freedom......

Iamkfaz

Thank you Marilyn!!

dwwms

Wow, you really do sound ready!! The book Easy Way really changed a lot about how I thought about smoking as well. I see no reason to wait until the middle of the month if you're ready. I don't know much about using Wellbutrin but I don't think it's necessary to get it "built up" in your system - it more just takes the edge off of quitting.

Congratulations on your decision - we're all here to support you come Monday!!

Doug

Iamkfaz

Thank you Doug!!

elvan

Iamkfaz  I am so happy for you, I do not see a reason to delay your quit, you have done the preparation and you sound to me like you are READY.  I really am happy for you.  Taking the notes and making cards, keeping a journal, your commitment is very clear.  

We are here and remember that if you need anything...

Best,

Ellen

Iamkfaz

Thank you so much Ellen!

JACKIE1-25-15

It is all up to you whether you start sooner or on the exact date.  Better sooner than later though.  We are here to support you.  With planning and preparation you will be able to protect your quit.