Memorial Day

We Honor Those Who Gave Their All

Screen Shot 05-29-17 at 04.37 AM 001.JPG

Eagle.jpg

8 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Thanks to all who Served

elvan

These bloomed in my side yard a couple of days ago, first time since before the fire, I didn't know they were still there.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Giulia

Blessings on all those heads who made that ultimate sacrifice.

And I found this video particularly analogous to our quit journey:  

"....how close and precise we can fly.  It takes a lot of discipline .... and all the movements start with a voice commands... so all the pilots are listening to the voice commands..."  (i.e. advice from Elders)

"It's hard forces on your body, but it something you get used to just like anything else you do."

"We have about 150 practices before our first show..."

elvan

Giulia‌ Absolutely breathtaking...

"Angel Flight" is the call sign for a USAF C-130, carrying a fallen hero on board. Their "salute" with flares looks like an angel with wings.#MilitaryAppreciationMonth #MemorialDay

angel flight.jpg

Giulia

elvan‌  Didn't know that.  How gorgeous a salute is THAT!  And thanks to you, I just came upon this with snooping further:  Angel Flight (Radio Tower Remix) - w/ Lyrics - YouTube 

Giulia

And then I found this:  The Angel Flight- A1C Austin Harper Gates Benson - YouTube   Just one of many who gave up their lives so that we could have ours.

elvan

Giulia‌ Those rituals are amazingly respectful and touching,  I cannot hear Taps without crying.  I remember them playing it at my father's funeral and then the gun salute that nearly made me jump out of my skin.  It was beautiful and incredibly sad.

Bree19

The respect.  The dignity.  The heartbreak.  The pride.

Giulia elvan JonesCarpeDiem 

Just left me speechless.

Bree